What's your opinion about tattoos?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RedKoopa wrote:

I'm 22, and I don't have a single speck of ink on me. I honestly, hate tattoos.
I once went to a beach with a guy
6 months ago and I dated him until I realized he had tattoos. Game over.

We can only imagine where those tatoos were located!  ;)

I love tattoo's, it depends on what it is and why you are getting it. If you are getting really idiotic tattoo's for no reason thats where it makes me cringe. Personally dumping someone because they have tattoo's is a really ignorant thing to do.

RedKoopa wrote:

........ and I dated him until I realized he had tattoos. Game over.

Judgmental much?

Hard to believe that a tattoo was the heavy straw that broke the camel's back.

There could have been a great person inside that skin, and now you'll never know.   I'll go easy on you, since you said that you are only 22.  On the up side there is still time for you to forge ahead from this point on in your life to look a little deeper....

....oh, I almost forgot something.   Welcome to earth, land of misfit toys.  Enjoy your stay.

Peace, love and bunnies.

If you hate tattoos, then you hate tattoos.  For whatever reasons, they're your reasons.

And I strongly suspect there was more to dislike about the guy you went to the beach with than just his tattoos.

I think in my whole life I only ever dated one guy who had tattoos (in RL), and my first partner in SL only had one very tasteful tattoo of a Scorpion across one shoulder, my last partner - well, I probably should have judged her by her tattoo, because she turned out to be exactly what that tattoo told the world she was - and definitely not my type.

So I'd say continue to follow your inner voice. There's plenty of fellas out there with skin untainted by art/graffiti.

Edited to add:

I actually think its refreshing that a 22 year old isn't into tattoos, because in my home town the younger generation really seem to favour them, with a sheep-like mentality. Good on the OP for being an individual with their own very strong mind.

Perrie Juran wrote:

RedKoopa wrote:

We can only imagine where those tatoos were located! 
;)

You heard, or course, about the man who had a "W" tattooed on each butt cheek, so that when he bent over people would declare "WOW" :matte-motes-evil-invert:

For me? Nah. I never found them to be appealing since I can't think of a symbol or saying that I would want on my body permenately but I can appreciate others and the artwork. Sometimes I look at the tattoos some people have and think "that's a bit much" but hey, they like it so let them have their fun. (Also it is funny when you do see some ridiculous tattoos and have a small chuckle to yourself heh heh xD)

RedKoopa wrote:

I'm 22, and I don't have a single speck of ink on me. I honestly, hate tattoos. I once went to a beach with a guy 6 months ago and I dated him until I realized he had tattoos. Game over.

I think not dating someone because of something like a tattoo is really just a scapegoat. I'm quite certain there was some other reason(s) really at work there. Otherwise you'd be a pretty shallow person and I prefer thinking most people aren't that shallow. Then again, lots of people don't date certain people because of physical attributes they do not like, I suppose. I like, or dislike, people for the people they are, not just how they look.

That said, I like tats. I may not always agree a tat is done well, or looks great on a person, but if they are happy with it then I am happy for them. It is their body after all. I prefer tats that have some meaning behind them, personally.

I have tats. I have several actually. All have strong meaning for me. All are very, very well done. Most were designed by me. I have never just wandered into a shop and said "gee I think I'll get a tat" and picked one off the wall. To be honest I'm not sure why anyone would. As that tat wouldn't really have much meaning, I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong tho, and it does. Who am I to judge? The place I get my work done does not do "off the wall" work. They do have some books of prior work, but they will never repeat a tat exactly. Unless of course there is a specific reason two(or more) people want the exact same tat. It's still done on custom basis though.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

RedKoopa wrote:

We can only imagine where those tatoos were located! 
;)

You heard, or course, about the man who had a "W" tattooed on each butt cheek, so that when he bent over people would declare "WOW" :matte-motes-evil-invert:

And if he turned cartwheels it would say WoW, MoM, WoW, MoM....

I like them if they are artistically done.   

You must have liked this guy to date him for six months.  To dump him due to a tat that obviously was in a place that normally isn't seen if it took you six months to discover, seems pretty shallow to me.  I know at one time tats were considered not the thing to do for 'normal' people, but that's not true anymore.  People from all walks of life have them now.  Where I live tat parlors used to be highly regulated as to where they could locate even in low rent districts, but now I see tat studios that are as plush as posh spas located in high end shopping areas.

Tangential observation: several participants in this thread seem to be reading that the OP dated the guy for six months, instead of her dating him for an unspecified amount of time and that this happened six months ago.

Not that it changes the essence of the question, but...  *shrugs*

Ren Toxx wrote:

Tangential observation: several participants in this thread seem to be reading that the OP dated the guy 
for
six months, instead of her dating him for an unspecified amount of time and that this happened six months
ago

Not that it changes the essence of the question, but...  *shrugs*

you are correct, the OP's post is very ambiguous.

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

RedKoopa wrote:

........ and I dated him until I realized he had tattoos. Game over.

Judgmental much?

Hard to believe that a tattoo was the heavy straw that broke the camel's back.

There could have been a great person inside that skin, and now you'll never know.   I'll go easy on you, since you said that you are only 22.  On the up side there is still time for you to forge ahead from this point on in your life to look a little deeper....

....oh, I almost forgot something.   Welcome to earth, land of misfit toys.  Enjoy your stay.

Peace, love and bunnies.

It's personal preference.  For example, I will not date men RL who smoke.  Others may not want to date someone from a particular religion.  All of us have some sort of issue - some more than others, some less than others.

Marigold Devin wrote:
what that tattoo told the world she was - and definitely not my type.

Edited to add:

I actually think its refreshing that a 22 year old isn't into tattoos, because in my home town the younger generation really seem to favour them, with a sheep-like mentality. Good on the OP for being an individual with their own very strong mind.

Agree - I found that refreshing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.