Sign in to follow this  
JayjaneJay

Getting married in SL soon but can't find any happiness

A few days ago, my bf asked me to marry him in SL.

I was so happy, and I said yes.

Well since then, the only person who has ever really been nice to me, is him.

When we told eachother's friends, we were told to just drop it, since it has no meaning to them, and they could care less.

Then I was banned from 5 groups, and was messaged by people saying that I am no longer welcome because I am getting married to a sergal, not a human.

:(

I love my bf, but this has really hurt me...badly. :'(

I am so sorry to hear that your aquantinces are unhappy (or just downright jaded ) By your SL Union. (Congrats by the by). 

Remember that Others cannot make You feel anything other than what YOU allow them to. (Yes sounds corny but is so true). How they choose to react is honestly on their shoulders. What matters is how you feel about the situation as well as your signifigant other. 

Honestly as long as a person is happy and whatever they are doing does not inflict harm on themselves nor others, why should there be such a negative reaction? 

Keep Your Spirits UP. :smileywink:

JayjaneJay wrote:
 [...] 
Then I was banned from 5 groups, and was messaged by people saying that I am no longer welcome because I am getting married to a sergal, not a human.

Not sure what a 'sergal' is (and no, I don't need to know), but... were you a member of five anti-sergal groups?

Two of the largest sources of drama in the known universe are Second Life, and the furry fandom. Combine them and there is one inevitable result.

Boom.gif

It might not feel like it right now, but you're better off without people who would get so bent out of shape for such a ridculous reason. There honestly are a few decent people hidden around Second Life, you'll find them in time.

First thing, time in SL runs fast and changes over night, and only thing we can do (and most of us does eventually) is to move on. Yes it hurts to loose your friends for such a reason but  honestly, real friends supoort each other and if they don't well then they were not so real to begin with..

Nothing wrong with you or your partner, it is the reality around us where everything has its own lifetime. Tell yourself; it was good while it lasted, now its gone and it is time to find something new to have fun with!

Now if you two decide to have a wedding party, make it only for yourself, spare the money and buy each other something really cool, rent a fancy place and go on a honeymoon. Focus on this, make plans for future weeks, search for some new clubs and hangout places where you will go as a couple and people you meet there will get to know you as a couple. 

Its a new life in front of you and try to forget the damage done, learn something from it and just focus on creating a future :)

Congratulations and I wish you luck in your SLife!

See it as the best gift you could get: Now you know how are real normal friends and who you better avoid in the future. But I'm shocked to hear, that there are really so many groups who are racist in a virtual world against a virtual character....leaves me speachless, I guess I don't want to know how they are in RL.... :catfrustrated:

Through extensive research, I have determined that a Sergal is a species of creature native to the planet of Birousu, and lives in the land of Vilous. People often make the mistake of calling them hybrids, but they are not - they are a species in their own right and not a combination of other animals. They borrow from existing Earth creatures, however. They have been described as having canine, avian, raptor, and shark traits.

dinner_003.jpg

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Through extensive research, I have determined that a Sergal is a species of creature native to the planet of Birousu, and lives in the land of Vilous. People often make the mistake of calling them hybrids, but they are not - they are a species in their own right and not a combination of other animals. They borrow from existing Earth creatures, however. They have been described as having canine, avian, raptor, and shark traits.

Are they edible?

These Troobles were really stringy!

I clearly need to get out more. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Seriously, congrats on your engagement and upcoming marriage and as others have said, now you know who your real friends are NOT. Move on and be happy with your love.

As others have said, now you know who your friends really are.  Even if they aren't into SL weddings they can still be happy that you are happy and found someone.

You can be anything you want in SL but behind every avatar there is a human with human needs and emotions and the avatar is only a fantasy shell. As far as I know, no animals can use a computer well enough to create a SL account.  If the people who ejected you don't understand that, I have to question their intelligence. 

I wouldn't let the ones that have rejected you upset you. Its better to be a sergel that loves than a human that hates.

Not friends.. Go get married to whoever you want to. Now that you know they aren't there for you. You still have your groom to tend to.

I find it extraordinarily ironic that the main source of drama around furries seems to have nothing to do with the actual furries themselves, and everything to do with other people going, "OMG Is that a furry? Burn it with fire!"

Some people are just so closed minded. If you realy love him screw what others think and just do it. I always tell people in SL that there is always a human behind the AVI. Some people tend to forget that. Do your own thing and if people dont like it its their problem not yours. Would love to chat and hang out in world with you and him are always welcome.

JayjaneJay wrote:

A few days ago, my bf asked me to marry him in SL.

I was so happy, and I said yes.

Well since then, the only person who has ever really been nice to me, is him.

When we told eachother's friends, we were told to just drop it, since it has no meaning to them, and they could care less.

:(

I love my bf, but this has really hurt me...badly. :'(

if a sergal is a beast then I can understand it. I know its kinda disturbing to some that a human would rut with a beast.. but I assume it has a big schlong... so I can see your attraction.

however... if your friends accepted it before and now do not.. get new friends.

You have misunderstood; this isn't about anti-furry sentiments, it's people expressing their opinions on the senselessness of marriage.

Awe . . . in rl dumps people getting  married as well.