New taste in marketplace fail: customer not charged

Madeliefste Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I got a note from a customer who was not charged for one of my items. She offered me to still hand me the amount over in world. I checked my transaction history, but I was paid for the item.

It's a few hours ago now, and I'm not sure she is still nog charged, she is not online now. It might be possible that the charge was delayed... if not she had free ride, while I was still paid.

If that's the case, then that's severely wrong.

Step ONE of the transaction should be funds transfer from customer to escrow account, NOTHING else should possibly happen until that is verified to have happened.

There shouldn't be delayed transactions for payments whatsoever, EVER, if that is the case then this is so seriously decoupled in terms of any form of transaction beyond any sensible reasoning.

There should never be a "well lets sort of notify a processing service that there's a funds transfer to happen sometime whenever MEANWHILE lets just jolly along and do the rest of the delivery and maybe the reporting too if we're not too busy oh and lets pop something into the 'send an email' a bit later" method.

In fact we already have most of that already, that's how it works but never ever should anything happen until initial funds movement to escrow!

Hello.

I'm the somewhat bewildered purchaser of the product. Sorry for not catching you online Madeliefste but I have sent you a reply.

I just want to add a few things from my end about what happened. I will also send a ticket about this when I get back from work today, if I have still not been charged for the purchase.

- The item was bought well before the maintanence started.

- I did not use the shopping cart.

- The item was a bit delayed but I recieved it within 15 min.

- I noticed something was wrong because I didn't get deducted any Lindens. Easy to tell since I was only buying that one product.

- I was on Mainland while I got it but the region I was on had not been recently offline nor did it go offline just after.

- I rezzed the objects to make sure they were really "there" before alerting Madeliefste to check what happened at her end.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.