Linden Lab could have give some days or even 24hr notice about this change right??

JoeSatriani Feden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Linden Lab could  have give some days or even 24hr notice about this change right?? Like me and the other residents from countries that cannot receive money thru paypal had the time to withdraw thier lindens saved for long..like me ive saved lindens fand waited a good amount to cash out..and now what should i do?? 

10 answers to this question

There are no Lindens here.  They never come to this resident-to-resident Answer service.  We are all SL residents like you and we have no special information about Lab policy.  We read the same blogs and notices that you do. 

to add to Rolig's response.

As residents, just like you, we find out about these "policy" changes at the same time you do. I want to let you and any others reading this thread think about that for a bit before I continue.

As volunteers we are left in a uncomfortable position when these kind of changes are announced by Linden Research. I wish this was different. I wish that Linden Research would help us to help you by letting the invaluable non-compensated staff of the SL Answers team have some sort of heads-up for these kinds of policy changes.

Unfortunately we are left to learn like you and then we try to continuously pass on information to others affected by changes. We will pass on options as they become known to all of you having a difficult time with real world to SecondLife financial worries and/or problems.

Please help us help others by keeping civil about this policy change and make sure to share any and all solutions with us here in SL Answers.

We are all here in SecondLife for a reason. Some for pleasure, some for a virtual career, some to experience that elusive "connection" we hope to find, cherish and grow. This connection feeds our souls in some way and that is what makes us a community. For those of you that not only spend your time and energy here but also contribute a potion of your real life income to enhance your experience/enjoyment here I apologize that we are short on solutions at this juncture. This also extends to those you your that derive an income from SL,

Yours,

KarenMichelle Lane [sL Answers Volunteer since 2009]

• Like 1

Thats what i called an answer!! ty so much KarenMichelle! Hope they find something or any arrangement for the other rsidents that have issues with paypal..Like example a bank transfer or something...well these Decisions are all in thier hands as you say..t for your response!

Like most of the volunteers who spend several hours a day responding to people like you on this Answer service, I come here because I have enjoyed my own Second Life experience and feel that I can help you. I have absolutely no connection to Linden Lab and have never felt obliged to agree with their policies or decisions. In fact, I can point to any number of Linden Lab decisions that I think were ridiculously short-sighted and insensitive to their customers. My role here is not to defend LL, but to try and help people like you understand how SL works -- or doesn't work. Your ignorant accusation that I do not care for the rest of the world is thoughtless and offensive.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.