Flycam with mouse and keyboard?

Gwyneth Llewelyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have zero experience with FlyCam (or with joysticks), so I don't have words of personal wisdom to share.  The only SL resource that I'm aware of is the wiki entry at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Joystick_Flycam which has had no modifications since 2011 until --- surprisingly -- last Sunday.  You might try contacting Zion Tristan, who made that change.  Maybe he knows something.

19 answers to this question

I have zero experience with FlyCam (or with joysticks), so I don't have words of personal wisdom to share.  The only SL resource that I'm aware of is the wiki entry at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Joystick_Flycam which has had no modifications since 2011 until --- surprisingly -- last Sunday.  You might try contacting Zion Tristan, who made that change.  Maybe he knows something.

Flycam works very well with the Logitech Attack 3 joystick once it is set up correctly. You can still buy the Attack 3 on Ebay or Amazon. Don't pay more than $30. This is my setup for this joystick:

Joystick – Enable Check – Logitech Attack 3 Joystick
Joystick – 3D  Uncheck
Joystick – Both Avatar & FlyCam Checked, possibly only check FlyCam if that is all you want.

Joystick X = Sliding sideways is disabled with -1 mapping.
Joystick Y = Helicoptering straight up and down is disabled with -1 mapping.
Joystick Z = Axis 2  moving forward (engine) scale 3.00 when flying, dead zone 0.15 for both flying and avatar.
Joystick Pitch = Axis 1
Joystick Yaw = Axis 0
Joystick Roll = -1 disabled.
Joystick Zoom = -1 disabled.

Hi. Yes you can use the mouse and keyboard if you're just looking to help with depth-of-field photography issues.

After a lot of searching I found this in Firestorm:

1) Go to cameratools -->> 3D Mouse tab -->> Enable 3D mouse (Doesn't require a 3D mouse !)

2) Advanced menu -->> Shortcuts -->> Enable Flycam

3) Shift+Alt+F to use

Happy shooting ! :)

Edited by bluemoon11
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bluemoon11 said:

Hi. Yes you can use the mouse and keyboard if you're just looking to help with depth-of-field photography issues.

After a lot of searching I found this in Firestorm:

1) Go to cameratools -->> 3D Mouse tab -->> Enable 3D mouse (Doesn't require a 3D mouse !)

2) Advanced menu -->> Shortcuts -->> Enable Flycam

3) Shift+Alt+F to use

Happy shooting ! :)

I'm really glad you necrod this post actually, because I didn't know this worked on Firestorm.
Thanks!

So, using this method, you can set the DOF focus point to always be under the mouse cursor (without needing to alt+click to set the focus point, which will also annoyingly  reframe the view) without needing to have a 3D mouse/spacenav in use, which is something that has always bugged me!

<3

On 1/1/2018 at 7:14 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I think that cat is on Ritalin.

Depends on the cat.

I was on Ritalin briefly when young. Initially diagnosed as a "precocious" brat, after taking it for a few weeks my parents decided that I'd actually been a "precious" brat and looked for other ways to deal with me. Ritalin did suppress my appetite and impulsivity, but not enough to make me wait for milk with cookies in hand.

I don't think it's Ritalin. I don't think it's waiting for milk. I don't think it's stoned on pot (because munchies).

I'm gonna guess Rolig is reading the cat a bedtime store. She's that good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.