Countries where you can cash out to PayPal

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/

With a network of more than 193 countries and regions, and in multiple currencies, PayPal reaches across the globe to give you or your business a way to pay or get paid. PayPal Localized Sites - Your Customized Total Payment Solution

Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada China Denmark France Germany Hong Kong Israel Italy Japan Mexico Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Russia Singapore Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey United Kingdom United States

Send and receive payments in these countries:

Withdraw from your PayPal account to your in-country bank account or to a U.S. bank account. In addition, withdraw to a credit or debit card in countries marked with a ().

Czech Republic Finland French Guiana Greece Guadeloupe Hungary Indonesia Ireland Luxembourg Malaysia Martinique New Zealand Philippines Reunion Slovakia South Korea Taiwan Thailand

Most Europeans who have been using 3rd party exchanges don't use PayPal simply because it's inconvenient in Europe when compared to other payment methods those exchanges were offering by the way. And PayPal doesn't have a very good reputation here because of credit card fraud which happens a lot more often on Paypal. I doubt they will go through all the PayPal hassle just because of Second Life.

Rommanno wrote:

Most Europeans who have been using 3rd party exchanges don't use PayPal simply because it's inconvenient in Europe when compared to other payment methods those exchanges were offering by the way. And PayPal doesn't have a very good reputation here because of credit card fraud which happens a lot more often on Paypal. I doubt they will go through all the PayPal hassle just because of Second Life.

How can credit card fraud happen "a lot more often" when there is no credit card linked to it? "A lot more often" than what?  All what "PayPal hassle"? 

In what way is Paypal inconvenient in Europe?  We have Europeans in different threads saying they use Paypal with no problems.

You know what I think?

Baloney.

Rommanno wrote:

I have never had a problem with my online business in 12 years of being a PayPal Business Member/Merchant I have accepted Payments from all over the world. I have never had an issue with an European transactions. People complain about everything even if it hasn't affected them directly. PayPal is safe to use and convenient.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I see no mention anywhere I have looked of Paypal demanding a credit card. All I see is the need to link to a bank -- otherwise where are they supposed to send your money?

I agree, PayPal is more interested in a verified bank account. I believe the CC option to also fund a buyer PayPal account is to use for transactions as an alternate way to fund their account immediately as a bank draft takes 3 - 5 business days. To purchase though a Bank draft is instant to make a payment to a merchant.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Rommanno wrote:

How can credit card fraud happen "a lot more often" when there is no credit card linked to it? "A lot more often" than what?  All
what
"PayPal hassle"? 

In what way is Paypal inconvenient in Europe?  We have Europeans in different threads saying they use Paypal with no problems.

You know what I think?

Baloney.

Why are you getting so defensive? You have a stake in this? Most Europeans use Skrill instead of Paypal. Also, Liberty Reserve and Webmoney are not only a lot cheaper but also a lot faster and safer than PayPal. PayPal requires a credit card to be connected to PayPal account for it to be verified which means that if your PayPal account gets compromised, the hacker can clean out your bank account attached to that credit/debit card as well. And yes, most of online fraud happens on Paypal, it's a well know fact actually. Paypal is slow, charges high rates and on top of that is unsafe.

Malanya wrote:

Rommanno wrote:

I have never had a problem with my online business in 12 years of being a PayPal Business Member/Merchant I have accepted Payments from all over the world. I have never had an issue with an European transactions. People complain about everything even if it hasn't affected them directly. PayPal is safe to use and convenient.

Well I'm glad for you then. But there a lot of merchants in Europe who don't even accept Paypal because of hackers, fraudsters and fraudulent chargeback risk, plus high fees and slow turnaround time.

Rommanno wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Rommanno wrote:

How can credit card fraud happen "a lot more often" when there is no credit card linked to it? "A lot more often" than what?  All
what
"PayPal hassle"? 

You know what I think?

Baloney.

Why are you getting so defensive? You have a stake in this? Most Europeans use Skrill instead of Paypal. Also, Liberty Reserve and Webmoney are not only a lot cheaper but also a lot faster and safer than PayPal.
PayPal requires a credit card to be connected to PayPal account
for it to be verified which means that if your PayPal account gets compromised, the hacker can clean out your bank account attached to that credit/debit card as well. And yes,
most of online fraud happens on Paypal, it's a well know fact actually.
Paypal is slow, charges high rates and on top of that is unsafe.

I repeat: Baloney, unless you can show where PayPay says you need a credit card, or that most online fraud happens on PayPal.

FadeOut Razorfen wrote:

You can't simply ignore largest country in the world.
Russia is banned from PayPal cash out.

Now I feel like a black guy, so much problems just because of my nationality.

More baloney. Anyone who clicks the link in the OP can see that Russia is not banned from PayPal cashout.

Hello Rommanno :) I also have used a 3rd party exchange, and don't use PayPal for the same reasons as you have said here. It is painfully obvious that those with the loudest voices haven't clue as to what we do to try and get things done. As if we are stupid and don't know what works for us. The way USA works is very different than the way EU works, this is very evident in the mis-understandings presented here in this thread. 

My bank advised me not to connect my credit card to PayPal for any reason, I do have a Paypal account, but it is a complicated process to use, filling out forms at the bank, and having them approved. My bank also advised me against listing my credit with Linden Labs. When i first did this on the internet they suspended my credit card and called me. I had to go to the bank and explain, and have them relist my credit card. It seems any dealing with the USA is taken as a red flag by my bank. 

While this may seem tivial to many on this forum, it is the way of things. Also is why we, and out banks, trusted the 3rd party exchanges ( as you call them ). I called them Virtual Banks, as mine even had a real life office in a nearby town. They knew/know how to deal with bank transactions/transfers, as we all do here. I know this is not the way of other places. And yes, some forgo the advice of thier banks and use credit cards as they wish, I will not.

Fraud, thieft, and deception are not something i wish to experience.

Please dear forum people, if someone says it doesnt work where they are... believe it. Just becasue you read it on the internet doesn't make it so. Maybe its something you must experience rather than out-sourcing your brain to google.

I will also close my business and stop paying my teir, wishes for all a well and peaceful ride, Ciao.

Pamela Galli wrote:

FadeOut Razorfen wrote:

More baloney. Anyone who clicks the link in the OP can see that Russia is
not
banned from PayPal cashout.

Are you sure? I know they never used to allow withdrawals, then they would allow withdrawals to a US bank account, not a Russian one and then there was talk of some card that could be used with withdrawals but Paypal in Russia hasn't historically been the service we get in Europe and the USA.

Zag Magic wrote:

Hello Rommanno
:)
I also have used a 3rd party exchange, and don't use PayPal for the same reasons as you have said here. It is painfully obvious that those with the loudest voices haven't clue as to what we do to try and get things done. As if we are stupid and don't know what works for us. The way USA works is very different than the way EU works, this is very evident in the mis-understandings presented here in this thread. 

My bank advised me not to connect my credit card to PayPal for any reason, I do have a Paypal account, but it is a complicated process to use, filling out forms at the bank, and having them approved. My bank also advised me against listing my credit with Linden Labs. When i first did this on the internet they suspended my credit card and called me. I had to go to the bank and explain, and have them relist my credit card. It seems any dealing with the USA is taken as a red flag by my bank. 

While this may seem tivial to many on this forum, it is the way of things. Also is why we, and out banks, trusted the 3rd party exchanges ( as you call them ). I called them Virtual Banks, as mine even had a real life office in a nearby town. They knew/know how to deal with bank transactions/transfers, as we all do here. I know this is not the way of other places. And yes, some forgo the advice of thier banks and use credit cards as they wish, I will not.

Fraud, thieft, and deception are not something i wish to experience.

Please dear forum people, if someone says it doesnt work where they are... believe it. Just becasue you read it on the internet doesn't make it so. Maybe its something you must experience rather than out-sourcing your brain to google.

I will also close my business and stop paying my teir, wishes for all a well and peaceful ride, Ciao.

Painfully obvious? I will repeat to you since maybe you missed my post. I have used PayPal to receive payments for a very long time - 12 years is a long time. I receive payments from people all over the world, I am an international seller. Please when someone tells you that they know PayPal works for many countries, understand we know that from experience. There are a few conutries PayPal does not provide service to, with that said, I am sure it's the countries
financial policies or PayPal would only be used in the US, Canada and Maybe Mexico. Right?

No one wants to experience fraud and deception I am sure. I dounbt that dealing with the USA sends red flags like some other countries I am told NOT to provide service for as they are known for fraudulant credit card use.

You can say others think thi is trivial that peole have a hard time making payments outside of their country, that's a ridiculous generalization of everyone on this forum. I think that the people with the loudest complaining voices that can't wait to even see what will happen in the next 30 days don't want to see resolution, or evolve if a company that they are dealing with as change happens whether it affects you postively or negatively.

You used a 3rd party exchange that handles virtual currency and your bank is ok with that but not one of the biggest online secure payment companies for more years than can be counted? PayPal is not used in every country in the world, I will say it again, but European payments have never been an issue for ME. I have no idea where you are and I don't get my PayPal information from the internet. Thank you.

FadeOut Razorfen wrote:

You can't simply ignore largest country in the world. Russia is banned from PayPal cash out.

Your racial reference is just ignorant.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

FadeOut Razorfen wrote:

More baloney. Anyone who clicks the link in the OP can see that Russia is
not
banned from PayPal cashout.

Are you sure? I know they never used to allow withdrawals, then they would allow withdrawals to a US bank account, not a Russian one and then there was talk of some card that could be used with withdrawals but Paypal in Russia hasn't historically been the service we get in Europe and the USA.

Am I sure that Russia is listed on the link? Yes, I am sure. 

Paypal is active in Russia for just two years or so. As far as I know there has been trouble for Russians with Paypal. I know a guy from Ukraine who could send money through Paypal but not receive any.

But recently some things have changed. Few months ago Paypal was approved by the central bank of Russia. But I'm not sure Russians can now link Paypal to their bank accounts. It might still be problematic. 

Russia may well be on the link but you were disputing that Paypal withdrawals are not banned in Russia. Paypal have been trying to make inroads into Russia but until very recently, withdrawals were certainly restricted and not allowed to Russian bank accounts and I can't find any links to suggest that has changed yet, although I can find links that suggest Paypal are looking to get legal status to be fully available in Russia.

Have you actually used paypal? I travel a lot hence I have had 2 different paypal accounts, One made in Canada and verified with a  20 dollar debit card  the other made in Germany and verified with my bank account (No Credit Or debit card needed)

Seems like most stuff you mentioned are speculations. "IF" "IF" paypal gets hacked then  this or that, Well Skrill or any other company you might use could be hacked as well, Where are you getting this "Most" people don't use paypal in Europe? I lived in Europe for several years and always used paypal and still do, So do most people I know. Im sorry but as someone else already said, I call your statements baloney.

TLDR: You do not need a credit card to be verified in Europe and use paypal.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Paypal is active in Russia for just two years or so. As far as I know there has been trouble for Russians with Paypal. I know a guy from Ukraine who could send money through Paypal but not receive any.

But recently some things have changed. Few months ago Paypal was approved by the central bank of Russia. But I'm not sure Russians can now link Paypal to their bank accounts. It might still be problematic. 

It can get really interesting.  Chase Bank was handling transactions for The Vatican Bank.  Chase how to shut off access via their ATM's to the Vatican Bank because the Vatican Bank wasn't complying with anti money laundering rules.

This is a very interesting read:  The Vatican Bank and Money Laundering

Paypal does seem to operate in many countries.

However once you check more closely the wording are different depending on which country you are in.

For example

For Bosnia and Herzegovina:

Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:

• To your Visa card issued in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
  • To your US bank account.

For the country I'm in Norway:

• To your local bank account.

And so on for Bulgaria:

• To your credit, debit, or prepaid card.

And The UK:

• To your local bank account.
  • For faster withdrawal to your local bank account.

Link here

Armenia for instance can only send trough Paypal not cash-in.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Russia may well be on the link but you were disputing that Paypal withdrawals are not banned in Russia. Paypal have been trying to make inroads into Russia but until very recently, withdrawals were certainly restricted and not allowed to Russian bank accounts and I can't find any links to suggest that has changed yet, although I can find links that suggest Paypal are looking to get legal status to be fully available in Russia.

As I say, all I know is what PayPal says on the page linked, and PayPal says Russians are not banned from cashing out, at least not by them. I don't know whether the citizens of Russia or Bosnia are prevented by their governments from cashing out. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.