Vintage Photo Contest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In preparation and celebration for the opening of yet another (good grief, really?) club in SL, I am looking for some great photographs to be framed and used in the club. The setting is 1920's-30's dance hall. The building, a gorgeous design from Looking Glass. I'm sure many of you have seen it. I am looking for SL photographs taken inside or outside of the club, provided the finished product has that Jazz Age feel to it. I want one or more people in the photos.

Right outside and the first floor probably have the most opportunities. However, a group of  people dancing upstairs in vintage costumes would be fabulous. If you decide to risk some action photos such as dancing, use the dances available at the club (calling post is upstairs).

You can choose your finished look - B&W photo, oil painting, whatever you feel is the most striking. The only other rule is no morphing of RL with SL. Strictly SL, please.

The best three will win a cash prize. They will also be framed and displayed at the club - so be sure to sign your name to them as an RL artist would do. In addition, I may select an additional two or three photos to be given an "honorable mention" gift as well as be displayed at the club.

Deadline: May 24th

Prizes:

1st: $L3,000

2nd: $L2,000

3rd: $L1,500

To enter, send me a notecard with a full perm copy of the photo, your SL name and a statement that says you will allow me to display your work.

Go here to take your photos: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Upper%20Fenland/169/149/3062

Questions? Contact Isabelle Mavendorf

• 2 weeks later...

I have been out of town and only recently returned. I do apologize for not responding sooner.  I honestly don't think anyone can blame me for cancelling at this point. I only received two entries so it's hardly enough of a contest.

I will reimburse your upload fee, but I hope you understand why I am cancelling.

I do not intend to use your photo for any purpose. I have deleted both of them from my inventory. This is NOT a method for getting full perm photos from anyone. I can take my own very nice photos if that is all I wanted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.