Sign in to follow this  

Are there ANY remaining ways to sell your lindens without LL service?

Yes there is. I will not use the name here but on their website:

NEWS:

10.05.2013 Despite the dark clouds over independent third party exchanges ### Exchange continues its normal work selling and buying L$. The only change is stricter security policy which can cause delays with some transactions. We are sorry for it.

We also want to assure our clients that not only their real money and linden dollars are save with us but also their personal data. Our policy of not requiring any registration to use ### services have always guaranteed maximum security. We just have nothing to be stolen.

To remain in total compliance with Linden Lab regulations and The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”) guidance our legal office started preparing application process to become officially registered money services business (MSB).

Pamela Galli wrote:

Yes there is. I will not use the name here but on their website:

NEWS:

Despite the dark clouds over independent third party exchanges ### Exchange continues its normal work selling and buying L$. The only change is stricter security policy which can cause delays with some transactions. We are sorry for it.

We also want to assure our clients that not only their real money and linden dollars are save with us but also their personal data. Our policy of not requiring any registration to use ### services have always guaranteed maximum security. We just have nothing to be stolen.

To remain in total compliance with Linden Lab regulations and 
 our legal office started preparing application process to become officially registered money services business (MSB).

"To remain in total compliance with Linden Lab regulations "

Curious.

I wonder if they think LL will allow them to operate if they comply with this:

"The Second Life Terms of Service prohibit offering interest or any direct return on investment (whether in L$ or other currency) from any object, such as an ATM, located in Second Life, without proof of an applicable government registration statement or financial institution charter. This applies to inworld investment funds, stock offerings, and banking services and the like."

"This prohibition does not apply to companies that submit a registration statement, charter, or other applicable license from a governing regulatory authority;"

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Policy_regarding_inworld_banks

Thank you for sharing this - it'll be something to keep an eye on.

I usually use Lindex, unless I either have slow sales for a while, slower cashouts than usual, or a financial emergency and need to get what money I have quickly. This policy change couldn't have come at a worse time - I'm going to be late on a couple of bills because I have to wait for a Lindex transaction now that will likely not complete in time - I was counting on being able to cash out quickly via Virwox this weekend in order to make up for a slower than usual couple of weeks! If this other exchange does get their legal registration, it will be good to have something to fall back on, just in case.

I'm wondering if, maybe, LL couldn't work out some sort of system where either people who regularly cash out to the same email address are processed faster when sent to that email address, or where you can pay extra to have your transaction flagged as priority by whoever or whatever processes the transactions. With the latter, I'm sure there are people who would pay for every transaction to be prioritized, but there would also be a lot of people who didn't see the need to waste the extra money unless it really is an emergency. And, again, it could be only available to whatever payment method has been established on your account for, say, at least a month, to prevent someone switching to their account and stealing all your L$.

Of course, that would make too much sense, and would require LL to actually listen to content creators. ;)

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Paypal never charged me 5%. Paypal charges 1 dollar, at the moment I transfer my money from my SL account to Paypal. When you cash out 50 dollar then the charge is indeed 5%, but when you cash out 1000 dollar, the charge is only 0,1 %

Paypal Europe - and especially in eurozone - has different rules. They charge 1.4% to 3.4% of incoming amounts that don't come from your linked bank account, commission depends on monthly volume...count 2% for volume between 2500€ and 10,000€. Plus 40 pips of conversion fee, from usd to € (meaning 3% of the amount at 1,30 rate) .... that makes a total of 5% fee, whatever the ammunt (and 6,4 % below 2,500 €), this is pure thievery.

Pips Fetid wrote:

I'm wondering if, maybe, LL couldn't work out some sort of system where either people who regularly cash out to the same email address are processed faster when sent to that email address...

This was the existing method before the change of TOS. Linden Labs had a secure API, and every currency exchangers had to use it to secure transactions against frauds. Initial transactions were taking longer and had to be manually checked, but with time, the trust in you grows, and transactions get faster, until some of the L$ you traded caused some problems, then your transactions were slown down, if not totally forbidden for the time the problem to be solved.

But as LL has deleted the API ..

Second Life RISK API wiki

Apparently there is one (someone quoted about it before) but idk if it's safe, I've only used Virwox so far. I only had a problem once and it was my own fault cause I wrote the wrong SWIFT code and they were very professional, they returned my money and I was able to withdraw it again to my bank account. I cannot use PP because in my country (Colombia) is not allowed to receive money, it is used only to buy stuff online and ONLY if you link your credit card to Paypal, it doesn't even work with Debit Cards.

I hope they fix this soon, I don't want to lose other account just for having S**tloads of lindens in it, well at least I'm premium now but w/o exchanging lindens I cannot pay the bills in the credit card and let's not talk about my internet, rent, food, etc.

I'm just about to crash right now, this is not fair for countries like mine Q_Q

I'm asking the same.. is there any other service to withdraw to paypal? In the past I used Virwox without any problem but it can't be used now... I try Lindex first I have to pay some dollars to start the "waiting game"... then I "process the credit" and wait... and wait ... and wait... almost 10 days ... then I got a mail saying they can't process my request... try in another 2 weeks more...

When they cannot process the credit, something is wrong or with your Paypal account and you must ask Paypal to solve it.
But first make sure you use the same email adres as for the pay out as you use for Paypal and did not make a typo. When you made mistake there it will also cause that the credit cannot be processed.

Thank you for answer but may be the problem is that the Paypal account is my husband's account, we use it both and at Virwox I didn´t have any problem... I think Im going to create my own account on Paypal if that doesn't work then I think I stop with SL.. to many years in here...