Cannot Accept TOS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Linden Lab's updated the TOS. Now when I log in, it asks me to accept the TOS, but nothing appears. The only only option is to cancel. I have tried on a different computer, and also on two seperate viewers, including the official viewer. What gives? If it's going to be broken, or overloaded, couldn't there be an option on the website to accept the new TOS? Or is there anything else I can do to get logged in? Extremely frustrating.

You can try a login in with the old Imprudence viewer. That is available from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory/Imprudence

Imprudence uses the old Web libraries that were in viewer 1.23, and such viewers tend to succeed in accepting the ToS when newer viewers don't.

Imprudence is not really suitable for really using with Second Life any more (no mesh, etc.), but it will still let you log in for this.

slplugin.exe has to be running for your viewer to get the text of the TOS at login which will then enable the agree button.

I purposely block the loading of slplugin.exe and had to temporarily allow it just so I could accept the terms, then reblock it again.

• 9 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.