please please please fix the sim crossings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After just failing two sim crossings during two Age of Sail ship battles, I have simply had it.  Whatever fix was put in has NOT fixed the issue with vehicles crossing sim borders.

Please please do something about this.  It is ruining the Age of Sail ship battles and probably any other combat that happens across sim borders.

While we are at it, please fix pathing also.  Seeing sims disappear and reappear is causing frame rates to drop to zero with every disappearance/reappearance, not to mention the missing sims diagonally from the sim I am standing in.

Please.  This is exceptionally bad.

Contrary to what LL cheerleaders might tell you.....The Linden Staff does read resident post in the Forums  ..Especially the Technology forum and server deployments......So your posting  your frustrations here is fine. Just no long RANTS..:)

Since the jira policy changed to hide any bug postings from the sl residents...This forum remains the only place for the residents to share sl bug issues. 

Yes its still necessary and helpful to file a Jira report on NEW issues/bugs.......But  it hardly seems worth the effort to  file Jira  reports on bugs that  have existed for months  that  both residents and Lindens are already aware of.

Fingers crossed for today main servers deployment..:)

dd Temin wrote:

Since the jira policy changed to hide any bug postings from the sl residents...This forum remains the only place for the residents to share sl bug issues. 

Yes its still necessary and helpful to file a Jira report on NEW issues/bugs.......But  it hardly seems worth the effort to  file Jira  reports on bugs that  have existed for months  that  both residents and Lindens are already aware of.

Indeed, the forum is a place for discussing issues as we can't discuss issues on the Jira in the main. The only issue is that as we can't even search the Jira efficiently anymore, we don't know what's a new issue and what isn't, which is another problem with the changes.

Considering sim crossing has been a critical issue since well before the creation of Zindra about 5 years ago it certainly does seem worthy of discussion whether LL or its "cheerleaders" find it a comfortable topic or not.  As a matter of fact not only is it a topic worthy of discussion but may well be a critical issue, since despite the much ballyhooded promises concerning SSD rubber banding was worse than I have ever seen it yesterday when I had to cross a border to deal with a griefer attack.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.