You are so Gay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice video..

i couldnt understand the lyrics bec english is not my first language, but images talk for themselves and the song melody is also really nice.

Love remains love whatever the gender.... Even if i dont want wedding for myself, im really happy that now in my country (France) wedding and adoption are now allowed for gays. :smileyhappy:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

OVmO6.jpg

Lets erase the hate.

It's not 6 anymore... atm I believe it's 11 and, unfortunately, I live in none of them, otherwise I'd already be hitched.  I've been with my partner for almost thirteen years now, so I suppose we can wait a little longer.

The video doesn't really fit my taste, but I do appreciate the sentiment.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

OVmO6.jpg

Lets erase the hate.

It's not 6 anymore... atm I believe it's 11 and, unfortunately, I live in none of them, otherwise I'd already be hitched.  I've been with my partner for almost thirteen years now, so I suppose we can wait a little longer.

...Dres

Oh my favirite Gay guy!  /me waves at Dres and sends him a hug!

Peace!

Amazingly, I still hear "gay" used as a pejorative not just by teenagers but by people who consider themselves enlightened and politically correct.

But then I also hear  "[words for female parts]" used that way, too.  Says something about those who do that.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Amazingly, I still hear "gay" used as a pejorative not just by teenagers but by people who consider themselves enlightened and politically correct.

But then I also hear  "[words for female parts]" used that way, too.  Says something about those who do that.

Most of the british people i know of use a certain body part as an minor insult, without even batting an eye...Funny how its one of the worst words in the US.

Zenephobe wrote:

...Dres

Fortunately, the video was not made for you.

p.s. that's pretty ballsy of you to think you represent all gays.

Pretty ballsy of you to assume he did.

I share his opinion. Not everyone is going to like the same style music, or videos. It means nothing more than our tastes, as humans, are different.

Zenephobe wrote:

You are gay, in the bad way.

Bad way?!?!?

Please show me the "bad way" from the definitions..

1.  of, pertaining to, or exhibiting sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex; homosexual: a gay couple.

2. of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization.

3. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe. Antonyms: serious, grave, solemn, joyless; staid, sedate; unhappy, morose, grim; sad, depressed, melancholy.

4. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments. Synonyms: colorful, brilliant, vivid, intense, lustrous; glittering, theatrical, flamboyant. Antonyms: dull, drab, somber, lackluster; conservative.

ETA.. i was going to leave it at that but then i realized you are the OP.... How can you post a video  that is so totally against hate and bigotry and then say something asinine like that?

Zenephobe wrote:

...Dres

Fortunately, the video was not made for you.

p.s. that's pretty ballsy of you to think you represent all gays.

I certainly hope I don't represent all gays... I can't imagine having to put on the whole parade all by myself.

...Dres

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

ETA.. i was going to leave it at that but then i realized you are the OP.... How can you post a video  that is so totally against hate and bigotry and then say something asinine like that?

You're obviously unaware of the type of person Zenephone is... I understood from the start that thier only purpose in posting this video was so that they could come back and find a post to object to, thereby starting an argument.  It actually took longer than I thought for them to show their true colors.

...Dres

Simply using your post as a jumping off point Trinity, don't mind me :)

Personally I get much more satisfaction in a, shall we say verbal tug of war, when I let someone win every now and again. Or, let them think they have. Even haters have needs to fill and while they may choose some of the most bizzare ways to do it, even downright cruel sometimes, it's pointless to try and tell them they can't or they shouldn't.

Hence why I thanked this person for calling me gay ;)

I'm fairly certain that was not the response expected, or even requested in the very thinly veiled attempt to engage in an icky  conversation I had(still have) no intentions of joining.

Sometimes it's best to just let them talk and see where they end up taking themselves. Sometimes not. I know we're all taught from a very young age that standing up for what's right, goodly, honest, in the world is the best thing to do. But what people don't teach us, what we don't learn until well into adulthood in most of our cases, is that sometimes that's not the answer at all.

So, again, I say, to the OP, thank you. Feel free to insult at will(I apologize to any will in the audience) if it makes you feel better about your station in life. One can only imagine the demons that must lurk. I'm pretty demon free, so, I won't judge.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.