Can you remove "Resident" from my account name please?

BleachRukia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

No and it need to be there because some old stuff still works with lastnames and many residents still have accounts with lastnames. Thats why Resident can't be removed, also you don't see it. At least I have never seen it over the head of my alt.

You can never change any part of your username ...... ever.  "Resident" isn't anyone's idea of a fun name, but you're stuck with it.  All you can do is select a Display name. People who choose to see Display names will see it instead of your username.

• Like 1

*I* can't remove anything. Neither can anyone else here. We're all residents/users, just like you. The Lindens, who run the place, don't ever come here, and won't ever see this post.

Either way, though, the answer to your question is a resounding "no." The Lindens won't remove "Resident" from your username. "Resident" is your last name, and has been the last name for every account created since 2010. Some of us who are older have other last names, but LL discontinued the option to choose your own last name back then, and won't reimplement it. Since some viewers still require the use of last names, they simply assign everyone the same one - "Resident." It's permanent. It's certainly not the best last name ever, but you can't change it and they won't, so you'll have to live with it.

You can always create a Display Name with a different last name, but people will still see your username, "Resident" and all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.