Worst Pics Of Your Avi

Jewel Laurasia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This was how I looked in year 2007.  Few days old, trying to solve the mystery how come many other avatars look so much better.  I was too ashamed to ask anybody.  ashamed.gif 

freakout.gifHelp!

Newbie.jpg

I still have that saved in my inventory.  :smileytongue:

• Like 1

Ohmyword!

How great I thought I was when I started in November 2007, made my own top, gloves (and what's with the size of the hands??!), and hair.  (Still didn't stop the desperados from coming onto me though.)

purple.jpg

A couple of weeks later, with help from a friend, I'd got a more conventional look.

Marigold Mk II: Dec 2007

Dec 2007.jpg

A couple of months after that I'd discovered latexwear (!) and was experimenting with hair, still wearing a very commonplace freebie skin and shape.  Bot owner obviously thought red was a good look though.

bad.jpg

Marigold Devin wrote:

Ohmyword!

How great I thought I was when I started in November 2007, made my own top, gloves (and what's with the size of the hands??!), and hair.  (Still didn't stop the desperados from coming onto me though.)

purple.jpg

A couple of weeks later, with help from a friend, I'd got a more conventional look.

Marigold Mk II: Dec 2007

Dec 2007.jpg

A couple of months after that I'd discovered latexwear (!) and was experimenting with hair, still wearing a very commonplace freebie skin and shape.  Bot owner obviously thought red was a good look though.

bad.jpg

lol ! i had almost the same hair than you at my first days.. i made also myself the first outfit but was all in black. it was supposed to be black leather but i bet i was the only one to know lol.

Well now i feel less ashamed that i know im not the only one who worn pink hair made with the edit appareance lol....

Well indeed, after some days, i had some clue about the secret for looking at least acceptable lol... but it took some long weeks for my avi look at something not so ugly.

ETA : shamely (or fortunately ?) i dont have any pic from this time... first i didnt know that i could make pics and how to do them, and second my old laptop burnt 2 years ago, and hard drive aswell .. so i lost everything that was in it. Well at least there are no evidence about how i looked except in my memory. lol. i bet this is not bad at all.

I sadly have no pictures of my early newbie-moments, on my oldest pictures that I have, I look more like a barbiedoll in the making....I could recreate my newbie-look, I think. Because the place where I got my first stuff is still around.

There are very few pictures of Madelaine Marbach (my first incarnation) in existence. I deleted all but this one.

This is from my second day in SL, April 8, 2008. I'd just been given L$250 by a kindly woman. I expressed my desire to purchase beautiful hair, though apparently not by actually doing so. As you can see, I'd not yet learned to dress myself...

Maddy, April

This could be the anti-vanity thread.

fae1.png

This is the earliest image of me in SL that I can find. A lot of pictures got saved out to PC to save L$, and not many were saved as I switched machines. That's my alt in a mostly home-made fae av. Not sure what's going on in the background. System hair & skin, I'm sure. The date on the image is 11 days after my first appearence in SL.

LOL It also took several days of wandering the grid wondering why everyone looked good and I looked like a bad toon before I stumbled into shops. (There weren't as many around then)

I didn't know about camera controls yet so to see myself I'd TP to a place that sold one of those mirrors that you sit on and it turns your avi around and inserts you in the frame to on your screen it looks like  a mirror.

Here I am in 2006 with my 1st skin, which was the state of the art then and FLEXI !!!! hair and clothes (flexis had just been introduced and weren't widely available. Still a lot of system skirts and prim skirts made out of cones that looked like we were wearing giant ringing bells  when we walked) I had finally figured out camping was a waste of time and bought some lindens to spring for skin, hair, eyes and an outfit.  I was so hot I lit the campfire but just walking up to it :smileywink: , or so I thought. LOL  This was the first picture I was able to take of myself since I had finally figured out the camera controls.

1st Pic.png

Marigold Devin wrote:

Ohmyword!

purple.jpg

I laughed so hard at this I had to get cloth to clean my screen!  I too made a very similar fashion statement with those textures with an outfit I made all by myself my 2nd day.  I still have it and bring it out for a laugh now and then. LOL.

Haha, I love looking at old pics.

Sadly all of my first pics, are not on this pc. Many of them were lost actually :(

But I have a few :D (these are all 2008 though). My graphics back then were onboard and, beyond crappy. Although to me, they were just fine. About a year later I got an actual graphics card, and OMG the difference, lol.

My first home, well, first land, but the, about 3rd actual house I put down, lol. Was still in the process of decorating at the time. Those are my guard tigers keeping a watchful eye while hubby was away.

firsthome.jpg

One of the first outfits I made, that I have pics of(and we still wear) Gnome Jammies :D(that's hubby there with me)

gnomejammies2.jpg

Hubby's first fishing trip. I got him hooked, pun intended, on 7seas. My bad. That's me on the stump, he's on the dock and an old friend inbetween.

usfishin.jpg

Hehe, had him so hooked I put out 7seas on our land. Real men wear pink, you know :)

usfishin.jpg

Fishtank attached to the house for all our 7seas catches. Ok, most of them. And yes that is the pink tree that drops "flowers"...sigh, good times.

sittinonfishtank.jpg

ETA:- I should add, ok, wanted to add, that shortly after these pics were taken, hubby proposed ;) I know, it has nothing to do with the topic,  I just like remembering it, hehe.

• Like 1

Jewel Laurasia wrote:

The gnome jammies are priceless.

And your husband is a brave man for wearing them.

Haha, yeah they were pretty funky. On the butt there is one big mushroom on each cheek, lol.

He's probably just glad I didn't post the ones of him in his bikini :P

But he's a pretty awesome guy, I'm rather fond of him :D

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

This is from my second day in SL, April 8, 2008.

You did better than I hehe From my second day in SL October 15th 2006.

(I can't believe I'm posting this  :matte-motes-agape: I have one earlier but I'm saving it for another thread) LOL

I bought hair and a skin later that day. :matte-motes-smitten:

Castle Rock.png

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LOL It also took several days of wandering the grid wondering why everyone looked good and I looked like a bad toon before I stumbled into shops. (There weren't as many around then)

I didn't know about camera controls yet so to see myself I'd TP to a place that sold one of those mirrors that you sit on and it turns your avi around and inserts you in the frame to on your screen it looks like  a mirror.

Here I am in 2006 with my 1st skin, which was the state of the art then and FLEXI !!!! hair and clothes (flexis had just been introduced and weren't widely available. Still a lot of system skirts and prim skirts made out of cones that looked like we were wearing giant ringing bells  when we walked) I had finally figured out camping was a waste of time and bought some lindens to spring for skin, hair, eyes and an outfit.  I was so hot I lit the campfire but just walking up to it :smileywink: , or so I thought. LOL  This was the first picture I was able to take of myself since I had finally figured out the camera controls.

1st Pic.png

The flexi-hair makes all the difference, and your avatar doesn't look bad for the time.

What I'm loving about seeing all these old photos is the backgrounds; look how far the graphics/lighting has come.  The skies, the sea (reflections!), shadows, etc. And yet didn't we love our SL just as much back then? It all seemed so magical and ... pretty?!

Haha definitely. I think that was my 0-slider shape. All of the sliders on the shape are set to 0. And the one I made where they're all set to 100 is equally as disturbing. It's crazy how somewhere between those two extremes are normal human beings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.