Sign in to follow this  
Pamela Galli

How to change LOD level?

I use Firestorm, which makes it easy to raise the LOD level.  What is the easiest way to do this in the LL viewer?

It's RenderVolumeLODFactor - but, it's better to toss out items that don't display well on the default setting and replace them with ones that have decent LOD behavior. No way will everyone bother to fiddle with that, so you;re only "fixing" things for yourself.

Thanks but I think most ppl prefer to set theirs above 2 if they are able. So in the LL viewer one must still go into debug settings to raise LOD?

4 is best, usually after you change graphic setting it will reset to under that, so if you change graphics often, like when taking pictures, set it back to 4 again

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

It's RenderVolumeLODFactor - but, it's better to toss out items that don't display well on the default setting and replace them with ones that have decent LOD behavior. No way will everyone bother to fiddle with that, so you;re only "fixing" things for yourself.

I strongly agree.  Good LOD performance is something that ought to be built into the items, I always turn my LOD factor down when I am designing something with mesh, I do not want to make things that only look good to people who have machines that are not as capable as my own.