why can I not purchase any more Lindens? Informs me that I can not exceed limit of $30.00US/mo

Aszhrae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wanted to purchase $40.00 worth of Lindens, but informed me that I could only purchase $30.00 worth. The following day I wanted to purchase and additional $20.00 worth of Lindens to help a friend but it informs me that I had exceeded the $30.00 max alotted for the month.

I have been informed that others have had no such limits placed on their accounts and can purchase upwards of a $100 or more per month. May I inquire as to why there is a limit placed on some members and not all members?

This seems rather limiting to anyone that has a premium account. Even the premium account tht is supposed to add Lindens hasn't. Is this just a marketing ploy? Or am I going to get what they have posted would be alotted for signing up for a premium account?

Would really like an explanation.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

It's because you've never bought $L before this recent time. The first time you buy $L, your limit is fairly low - $30 USD per month. It goes up fairly quickly after that; if I recall correctly, someone else mentioned some time ago that it should go up about 8 days after the first purchase, although it's possible that it was 8 days from the end of the month at the time. I don't remember.

However, to get an increase NOW (or soon), you can contact support and ask for a limit review. They might raise your limit for you, they might not; all you can do is ask. I got a response within 6 hours or so when I first asked for a limit raise; and they increased it by more than twice what I wanted, so unless they have a good reason, they're pretty responsive when people ask to spend more money!

• Like 3

Here is the direct link to the Trading Limits Page

https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php?

and Specifically here is the timetable you'll be held to...

Please note that for purposes of trading lindens you are considered New based on the 1st day you purchase Lindens for the 1st time.

Resident Monthly Limits

New Residents Level
0 to 1 Days 2 to 7 Days 8 to 27 Days 1 2
Buy L$ US$30 US$100 US$300 US$2,500 US$10,000
Sell L$ US$0 US$0 US$300 US$2,500 US$5,000
Purchase US$250 US$500 US$1,300 US$5,000

US$10,000

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.