My home was deleted, and I was banned for no reason

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If they have packed up and gone then it sounds like it is on their end. If they had a good track record before this, maybe they had some real life financial or other troubles. I think they still should've refunded  you what you just had paid. That's the part that makes no sense to me, still.

Maybe someone reading this will be a landlord who will throw you a free month's rent to show you SL isn't all bad.

Hi everyone, thankyou for all of your replies, i wanted to update you on the situation even though i really am no more the wiser at what has really happened. I have only guessed at a conclusion from what i have seen but still as of now i have not heard anything at all from the rental owners. And no refund either, which I still hope for as i have to camp many hours to earn that money. One of them however has clearly said on their profile that they now have nothing to do with any of the rental business or their partner, which sounds like a RL and SL problem. The sim i was renting in is now offline, it was only empty before and i only knew that because i sent a friend there, i am still banned from the whole region all 23 sims that they own. It looks like the business is still running even though one of the partners has given up and left. i have spoken to other tennants only to ask if they knew of any problems but none of them knew anything. I still wonder why i was the one who got treated so badly and although i didnt know of any wrong doing i had done, i mean i had only rented for two days and built two walls on the platform each inside the platform boundary, i had no scripts running, just two prim walls, and within the size they had stated all building should be, so no wrong doing there. i could go on guessing by saying maybe they were greifed by someone and thought it was me, or maybe they had me mixed up with someone else, like a case of mistaken identity, i could go on chewing things over, but i will never find out unless they tell me which seems very unlikely as they had never spoken to me at all from the beginning but cut me off completely. now i feel so exhausted about it all i just want to move on, and just consider it a bad experience but maybe somehting i have learnt from, in fact in an strange way it has done me a favour, i have now found an amazing new multiscene home that has everything i could dream of, including a photo studio which i really wanted. if i has stayed at my previous rental i would never have found such a wonderful new place to live, so at the end of all this, even though the experience was a traumatic one at the time, i feel much happier now that i have a new life with new surroundings. My new partner had the perfect quote for what happened to me, she said "what doesnt kill us makes us stronger", and she is so right.:smileyhappy:

Oh I didn't know they had 23 sims (actually regions I suppose)? That's a lot of sims to pay tier on so maybe I was wrong in my other post. Your partner's quote is right and i do hope you find a resolution for a new home that will makw you even happier than where you were :)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

CatWoman1234567 wrote:

Wow! I didn't know that could happen on here. Thanks for letting me know before I actually tried to do anything on here. I don't know why the real world has to be so tough, but you'd think we could at least create a virtual world that's O.k. I guess it's great for them. They get your money and you get nothing. Now what to do? I guess that's why some people wonder the streets alone. Not even love can save them because someone will just come along and take that too. 

Just wanted to post to you and other new residents to SL and not getting into the OP's specific incident:

Just like there are unscupulous copybotters in SL, there are unscrupulous people (I won't even deign to call them landlords) who buy or rent land (depending on mainland vs estate) for the sole purpose of getting a renter, taking the first rent, then ejecting/banning/muting renter - rinse/repeat.  It's so totally wrong but where a quick buck is to be made, there will be people in RL or SL who will attempt to work the system.

However, there are way, way more ethical, honest, and VERY hard-working landlords, be it one parcel or a chain of sims, who are AMAZING in how they treat their tenants.  IMO, being a SL landlord is one of the hardest jobs in SL due to the loonies they sometimes have to deal with.  Yes, this can be seen in reverse - renters who try to scam landlords.

Correct. I've dealt with several myself. And they (especially the smaller ones) are hurt by the bad reputation they get because of the scammers.

I rent from a small one myself, that I know has been in business for at least the last 5 years solid, and that I've worked for in another of their ventures for the last year, and I've been told by several people I should move my business to "a reliable landlord" by which they usually mean anyone in the Chung enterprises.

Don't get me wrong, the Chung's are indeed reliable, I co-own a homestead we rent from them and their service is great, but to assume that anyone who doesn't have at least several hundred regions for rent is by definition a bad landlord to rent from is idiotic.

• 1 year later...

oh hahaa....thats happen to me today..unbelievebel...I rent a home for 4 weeks and the rent end in 7days.I was ther yesterday and take some pieces of me in my Inventar,because we have a new home in 7 days....also we caln up our old home ...so we dont forget littel things....yesterday in the morning I get a IM from the landlord....mom I get the orginal..
[2014/07/28 09:45]  Ellie Monk: (Saved Mon 28 Jul 2014 17:40:38) hi have you left your house....

Hmmm I think nothing because I have 7 days bevor the rent end...dont answer because I had things to do.

today I think,go there and look..perhabs there is a peace in the garden that I have forget.I stay in my livingroom and see an another name on the door....rent 6 days ...I so What to hell?! I wrote her now that she have to paid my 7 days.and what for problems she have hshshs.I bee here in sl now for 4 years,but this ,I never never happend to me :(

:matte-motes-confused:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.