Can Not Make Listings Active

Drake Faudeburgh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have hundreds of items. They were all in magic boxes when Direct Delivery took over and so all of the listings were taken down. I have completely followed all instructions for updating to the new Direct Delivery system, but hundreds of my listings did not automatically get listed (only 264 of almost 700 items automatically listed themselves).

The remaining products (the unlisted ones) have a grayed-out checkbox in the merchant items page and when I edit the item, I can not click to make the products 'active' (the 'active' checkbox is grayed-out). Everything about the listing looks correct, all required fields are filled out. The correct object is associated with the listing.

I have tried using the Merchant Outbox to send a new copy of the product to the Marketplace. The product goes into the 'unassociated' section. Next I attempt to update the product by selecting the unassociated item as the object. This has no effect on my ability to make the listing active.

Any help would be appreciated as I am losing many many sales.

Not sure if it's the issue, but sounds like it, when you upload an item and duplicate an existing magic box item, it moves the Magic Box item to "Unassociated" items list. At the bottom under associated items I had to manually activate the DD item.

Don't worry about deleting the old Magic Box item untill you replace everything, they will just keep poping back untill you take up your magic box inworld, then "Sync" in MP and should clear all the old listings.

One of the issues is that the 'Unassociated' folder can only have 100 items in it. Once over that limit, you can not add anymore items to the unassociated folder until some have been removed. So, when I try to remedy the situation by syncing a magic box, or by attempting to resend my items through the merchant outbox, the unassociated section gets too full and all progress stops. The only solution I can think of now it to manually go through every single item, remove, and relist. But with at least 400 items left to re-list...this is going to take forever.

But basically, I have tried resyncing magic boxes, and all that does is fill up the unassociated folder. I have tried resending the Merchant Outbox with all the items, even after syncing with the magic boxes. The only thing I have not done, is to completely start over.

They should never have FORCED the user to import the items themselves. Why couldn't SL have simply imported my items for me on the back end? The magic box clearly has all of my items in it. The Marketplace clearly has listings connected to them. So, for all listings connected to a Magic Box, auto import for the user... But instead, they leave it up to a million users to manually switch everything to the new system themselves. No wonder there are so many problems.

At this point, if I am forced to manually relist every single one of my items, I may simply give up and leave.

Kisses years of work goodbye because of years of continual 'back end' related issues.

Drake

There's a fairly well known bug on the Marketplace with the "Active" button being greyed out and also the "tick" box to list from the "Manage Listings" being greyed out.

I had this issue too.

The fastest way to resolve it is create a error/bug on jira - they're pretty fast or have been with me but not on week-ends. 

I have the same problem as well. And for the life of me I can't figure it out.  I tried relisting them one by one manualy, but I don't have any of the pictures for almost any of the items. And with no way I know of to get them off of the old magic box listings... meh.

I am having same problem. All my old listings are boxed. I unpacked and sent as folders to DD. they show up in unassociated inventory. I go to the old version in manage listings, click edit, choose edit associated objects, then choose the updated version from window, click update. It says update successful. However it is not listed, The new version is still in unassociated inventory and if I click to view contents on the one that is in manage listings, it is still the boxed version. So it hasnt actually updated as it said it has, and yes the list option is greyed out. The server isnt reconizing the update. I have been trying to migrate to DD since they first brought it out. MY outbox would not allow me to drop items in it. So I waited, occassionally trying to see if it had been fixed, assuming I wasnt the only one and they are working on it. After the deadline and all my listings being removed I decided to file a ticket. My outbox was fixed the next day. That is when I encountered this new problem. I have yet to get one single listing on the mp since the deadline. I filed a jira ticket yesterday. Will see what happens. I know this post has no useful information as to fixes, but I will post again when and if it is fixed.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.