Second life beginner - Create a door, once touched ask question HELP !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there I am new to second life and would greatly appreciate all of your expertise. 

I am trying to create a door that once the user touches it, a question will be displayed and the user must select one of the answers (multiple choice). If it gets it right then it can proceed to the next phase of the game.

Does anyone know how to do this? I found a couple of scripts that help you create the door, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to set up/store/display the question !

Please help! Thanks !

Becky1593 wrote:

"If it gets it right then it can proceed to the next phase of the game" or else it gets the hose again.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  You could use llDialog to give a multiple choice selection, or use llTextBox for direct entry of an answer and then a listen to capture it.  If you are interested in learning how to do this yourself, ask in the Creation/LSL Scripting forum.  If you want to hire someone to write it, ask in Commerce/Wanted. Learn all about scripting at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Main_Page

I forget what it's called exactly, but It's a nice script engine you can purchase on Marketplace. It's a RP door script. You can edit it to do exactly what you want the door to do (answer a question) and if they don't want to answer it, you can enable the option for the player to "kick down" the door or even "lockpick" it. I believe it even has animations you can use or replace via UUID in the script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.