Invisible Prim Bug is getting worse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The bug that has been talked about in various threads is now effecting worn attachments as well!

This needs top priority because in my view its now effecting sales in world, if some one comes to my store and a lot of items don't rezz then it looks like a building site and people leave, this bug started as far as i can see mid summer last year and has got worse and worse over the months!

Via Nalates, it seems that, according to Andrew Linden at the most recent Simulator User Group Meeting, it's an old viewer bug that has been greatly exacerbated by recent changes to the interest list code.   From what he says, he thinks they have a fix to it, but at present it's in a very crashy viewer, so it's not even got to QA yet. 

But it is, it would seem, being worked on.   It's annoying me, too -- there's a product I daren't ' release, I don't think, until it's fixed.

This is problematic for me too.  People come to my rental office and the signs don't rez.  Heck, sometimes half the building doesn't rez.  They can't tell what to click to find my land for sale.  This problem has been going on a very long time but it is most definitely worse now than ever.

There is a fix you can use in Firestorm, (idk if it works in other viewers).

you need to get the developper menu enabled (CTR + ALT +Q if i rem well but im not sure) then you switch to wireframe mode for some seconds with CTRL + SHIFT +R and you do it again after some seconds to disable it.

once its done, everything is fine and you see everything that didtn appeared before.

I shall give that a try, it sounds like it should work, for the same sorts of other reason as other fixes I have seen.

Yes, this is a very old bug, and various bits of my AV have vanished in the past. It's all getting more common with interest Lists. Maybe some of the other long-standing bugs can be fixed, if we can arrnage for some new Linden shiny to exacerbate them.

HI all.

There is even an easier fix......open edit .... Preferences,,,,,Graphics.........toggle  "atmospheric shaders" off and back on.

thats it...:)

Of course it only good  for that log on..........but  it does not always  happen on every log in anyway..:)

It has certainly gotten worse, but for me is has all been since mesh was introduced, that does not mean it is only mesh objects that do it now though.  usually a simple right click where I think or know something should be returns it to view.  Mesh bits on people are another matter though, they often disappear for everyone looking at them in the area, but to the person worried about maybe being seen naked, not that I have ever seen.  It has always been a case of don't see the mesh item they are wearing? then don't see anything it covered either. 

When I see anyone with invisible bits, first thing I ask is if they are wearing mesh, 99% of the time the answer is yes.  From the first day mesh was introduced I disliked it, I still do, when shopping I always look to see if something is mesh, if it is, 9 times out of 10 I will head to somewhere else to shop, and I know I am not the only one.  If a shop does not say if stuff is mesh or not, I will generally not take the chance it might be. 

Problems with viewing mesh specficially can often be fixed, at least to an extent, by finding the debug setting MeshMaxConcurrentRequests and setting it to 64 or 128.   Almost every machine, or so I am told, that can be used with SL should be able to handle those settings without too much difficulty.

The invisible prim bug is a separate problem -- it affects not just mesh but sculpties and regular prims too, and is caused by a viewer bug that's apparently being worked on at the moment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.