Endless works and rollbacks on the srvers. When It will finish?

Lali Kamala

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After sturt update of servers (two weeks ago) I can't use SL

1 - I can't wear no one layer-cloth without relog.
2 - I can't see no one mesh-object on me and around me. (Meshes is enabled in Debug settings)
3 - I can't see most part of iems in my inventory. I see folders with word "Loadings..." all time.
4 - I can't see names of all avatars around me and in my friend-list. I can't call to anybody first. I can only answer to IM from another people.
5 - I can't TP to any place. I can't walk free at Mainland, because I can see only one location and no more. If I trys to TP I just have crushes.

It started two weeks ago, but 4 days ago I could to use SL perfect. And today LL started rollback of updates and now I have my all problems again.

SL-support can answer only "I'm sorry" . They are just don't know nothing about works on the servers. I was need to show link to Grid Status page.. 

I saw list of works on server on Greed Status page. New and new works all this and next month. But why you takes from me $45 per month if your experiments does not give me the opportunity to use SL?

Lali

I am sorry to hear your woes but I suspect the problem is either with your Internet Service or something on your computer.

You do not say which country you are in though your English makes me think it may be Europe.  There have been stories about serious interruptions to service caused by hackers in Spain, but I believe more than Spain was affected.

All the problems you tell us about suggest a slow connection, and my only suggestion at this point is to turn off and reset your modem/router (ie turn it off, wait 2 minutes, then turn it back on) and restart your computer.

There are others who may offer more useful help, but that is my limit.

Maybe my bad English does not give you the opportunity to understand what I write.
I wrote that I have a set of problems every time when LL-engineers are doing experiments with servers.
I'm already 20 times answered about my internet connection. LL-support did test of my connection. My connection is perfect.

When was this post, I had all set of problems:

[Posted 7:59pm PDT, 30 April 2013] We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on Magnum, BlueSteel and LeTigre RC server channels. They will begin on Wednesday, May 1st, at approximately 7:00AM PST. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.For more information about the specific RC server channels, please refer to the links below.

But after this post< I have't problems and all perfect:

[Resolved 11:00 am PDT 01 May 2013] Rolling restarts for the RC server channels are now complete.

I asked when will end the endless experiments with updates and rollbacks.

Lali Kamala wrote:

I can't use SL two weeks.

1 - I can't wear no one layer-cloth without relog.

2 - I can't see no one mesh-object on me and around me. (Meshes is enabled in Debug settings)

3 - I can't see most part of iems in my inventory. I see folders with word "Loadings..." all time.

4 - I can't see names of all avatars around me and in my friend-list. I can't call to anybody first. I can only answer to IM from another people.

5 - I can't TP to any place. I can't walk free at Mainland, because I can see only one location and no more. If I trys to TP I just have crushes.

You list perfectly all the symptoms of the "DNS bug". See VWR-26759 for details on that.

You need to change over using Google Public DNS. This post has some nicely written instructions.

Best of luck!

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

You list perfectly all the symptoms of the "DNS bug". See
for details on that.

You need to change over using Google Public DNS.
has some nicely written instructions.

Best of luck!

Whirly, you suggested i try google public DNS a while back. i kinda chickened out cause i was afraid i'd break something :P

I finally looked into it today...it was REALLY easy and the results are INCREDIBLE!!!! OMG just incredible!!!

before when i teleported to a store i would get logged off, relog, wait ...and wait..and wait for sale textures to load....go make some coffee and see if they're loaded yet....lot of times they would half load and just stop and i'd half to texture refresh to see them. 

Today i been teleporting with NO LOGOFFS!!! :D ...and....textures are loading within a minute....EVERY sales sign loads and loads clearly SOOO FAST!! I'm teleporting to big stores i never been to before and EVERYTHING LOADS IN A MINUTE!!

Thank You TYTYTYTYTYTYTY!!!!! :DDDD

Lali Kamala wrote:

I asked when will end the endless experiments with updates and rollbacks.

Never. SL is a constantly changing world, and its developers will always perform maintenance and upgrades on the server hardware. It has always been this way.

If you expected anything else, you're in the wrong place.

If you're having trouble staying logged in the issue will be connection-based, and almost unique to you or your hardware. It doesn't matter who tells you that your connection is 'perfect' (it's not, never can be), the simple fact is that practically everyone else in SL isn't having these problems, and that those who ARE having these problems typically notice improvement after following Whirly's advice.

Well.. Today I can't do nothing again. I looked for information about new works on Grid Status, but I did't found no one word about It. Why?

If some too smart people thinks that It's because I have bad connection - It's not true. If I have not problems at protected land It's mean that my connection is fine. Is't ?

I'm living in SL 3 years and 6 month. Was a times when I had terrible slow lagged connection, but I had not problems as now. I remember many server's updated, but that updates never was more than 2-4 days, and now It's more than month. 
Just look here: Grid Status Report
Day by day : Updates-Rollbacks, updates-rollbacks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.