BVH Export off mPelvis rig Maya?

JackRipper666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, just curious is there an export script for bvh animations that will export animation off the mesh rigs found online? All of them have a root joint of mPelvis and all of them fail to export an animation because it wants hip or at least the SL uploader wants this to be the root. I tried changing it to hip instead of mPelvis but that still didn't work. I need the script for Maya 2011 and can't find one.

I've got one I had been hosting for years, along with a bunch of other SL<->Maya stuff.  However, I forgot to pay my hosting bill a few months ago, and my site got nuked.  I haven't had time to rebuild.

Not to worry, I threw it in my Dropbox, just now for you.  Here's the direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nkuzc866ojene6/bvhExport.mel

It was written by Alexia Mechanique, for Maya 8.5.  I've confirmed it works with subsequent versions up through 2009.  I'm still using 2009, so I haven't been able to test if it works with newer versions or not.  Let me know how it goes for you with 2011.

There is one minor flaw with it, so you know.  It can't always handle backward pelvis rotation very well.  So, if you want the avatar to do backflips, you may have to find a different solution.

Hey Chosen, Just to confirm at first it didn't work but I decided one more time to try and change mpelvis to hip and sl uploader finally took it. I'm just doing some testing so I'm not sure how accurate it is with the animation it exports. I was gonna try it on beta grid but seems it just went down. That's where I was at first when I couldn't get it to upload. Doubt that makes a difference though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.