Sign in to follow this  
JayjaneJay

Want to apologize but...

I'm not going to ask you guys to stop posting these. I'm not going to say that you're being mean or anything.

I am going to say that i deserve every thing you guys are posting.

Tex Monday wrote:

asparagus tarts??? that even sounds awful!!

But, you can cover almost anything in cheese and make it taste better...that's how the Philly Cheesesteak got it's start....

(and for those of you who don't know anything about it, here's a link to the best Cheesesteak place in the City of Philadelphia!!)

Enjoy!!!

Absolute pure bliss that looks.

(To Alec - I am sorry - it really does look good to me.)

@ Perrie - dear Suella, I miss her too, and her love of fondue, cheeses white and blue, not to mention gru

........ yere

:matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

JayjaneJay wrote:

I'm not going to ask you guys to stop posting these. I'm not going to say that you're being mean or anything.

We're not saying you deserve anything we're giving you and we're also not attacking you. You said that you wanted to apologize for what you did...basically we're telling you it's not possible. That's it. You don't deserve our punishments (if that's what you think it may be). We are all trying to help and I, for one, ask you to forgive me if you feel that you are being pounced upon.

Good luck, dear....

RE Marigold....believe me..the cheesesteaks are DELICIOUS!!!! I have braved heat, cold and crowds to get them when I can. Can't go all the time (it's a pain to get from NJ to Philly with traffic) but when I can, they are well worth the trip

Tex Monday wrote:

JayjaneJay wrote:

We're not saying you deserve anything we're giving you and we're also not attacking you. You said that you wanted to apologize for what you did...basically we're telling you it's not possible. That's it. You don't deserve our punishments (if that's what you think it may be). We are all trying to help and I, for one, ask you to forgive me if you feel that you are being pounced upon.

Good luck, dear....

RE Marigold....believe me
..the cheesesteaks are DELICIOUS!!!!
I have braved heat, cold and crowds to get them when I can. Can't go all the time (it's a pain to get from NJ to Philly with traffic) but when I can, they are well worth the trip

I dont know what others have said but I did see the word cheese steaks.. Yum lol

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

JayjaneJay wrote:

Good luck, dear....

RE Marigold....believe me
..the cheesesteaks are DELICIOUS!!!!
I have braved heat, cold and crowds to get them when I can. Can't go all the time (it's a pain to get from NJ to Philly with traffic) but when I can, they are well worth the trip

I dont know what others have said but I did see the word cheese steaks.. Yum lol

Aye, it was Tex Monday who mentioned cheese steaks, and in my head Tex Monday actually reads as Tex Mex Nachos with cheese steaks, and I haven't stopped salivating since he posted. 

And Tex, I tried to get from UK to Philly today, but the traffic was horrendous. I might have to make do with a steakwich out of the freezerbox and slather some double gloucester cheese on top of that. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Lucretia Brandenburg wrote:

OMG Dres, I read that and started laugning so hard I snorted. How unladylike of me. Just glad I wasn't drinking anything, it would have come out my nose :matte-motes-oh-rly:

You weren't drinking anything?  Damn... my plan didn't work.

...Dres

Marigold Devin wrote:

Aye, it was Tex Monday who mentioned cheese steaks, and in my head Tex Monday actually reads as Tex Mex Nachos with cheese steaks, and I haven't stopped salivating since he posted. 

And Tex, I tried to get from UK to Philly today, but the traffic was horrendous. I might have to make do with a steakwich out of the freezerbox and slather some double gloucester cheese on top of that. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Mmmmmmm....Nachos......*droooool*

Tell you what, Mari, I'll meet you half way...you bring the nachos and I'll bring the cheesesteaks....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Tex Monday wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Mmmmmmm....Nachos......*droooool*

Tell you what, Mari, I'll meet you half way...you bring the nachos and I'll bring the cheesesteaks....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Great now I dont know if I should have nachos or cheese steaks....hmmm cheese steak nachos!!!! /me drools as she types her awesome idea

Personally I think you were absolutely right and have not a single thing to appologize for, nor did you to begin with. Most of the sims I have been on, the sim owner is way more guilty of causing lag than anything the guests are doing. And yes, I know what the tos stance is in sim ownership and all but I am of the opinion that is entirely bogus also and needs to be changed where owners open up the sim and are asking people to come spend their time and money there. I think there is a responsibility that should go along with that to be reasonable to people and have rules reasonable to the sim rating and theme.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

It was a freebie place... which makes your whole argument a bit feeble.

...Dres

Hehe, not the whole argument. Just the part about wanting their money. My point is SL is for fun. I've hosted and DJ'd with club authority a lot and had huge and/or silly avatars come in. It's so not worth the drama to make a big deal about it and much much better (and funner for everyone) if you just go with the flow and  groove on whatever it is they are trying to show off.

and really. the 5th different dance chim you have out is more likely the culprit on lag issues than anything someone's avatar is wearing. After all, everything that is scripted is querrying everyone that is there.

It's not about lag... it's about rules.  What good does it do to have a list of rules for your sim if you can't enforce them?  The OP was breaking a rule and was told to stop and that, if they didn't they'd be banned... where's the drama in that?  The drama started when the OP decided to come here and create it by accusing the sim owner of lying and threatening them, at which point the sim owner banned them because he didn't want them causing any more needless, foolish drama.

I'd have done the same thing... in fact, I'd consider that "going with the flow" and letting one person break the rules while still insisting that others adhere to them, stands a better chance of creating drama than not.  Which means your stance actually supports the creation of drama, regardless of whether or not that was your intent.

...Dres (Btw, this is one of the most lame discussions that I've gotten into in a long time.  I have no idea why I even bothered... but, oh well.)

Congratulations, you just learned a lesson. Maybe you will think twice before doing really bad things to really good guys.

i just tried to apologize to him, but he just told me to get lost, and that if i ever contact him again, he'll send a complaint to linden labs and have me banned permanently.

JayjaneJay wrote:

i just tried to apologize to him, but he just told me to get lost, and that if i ever contact him again, he'll send a complaint to linden labs and have me banned permanently.

I doubt very much that he could get you perma-banned.

Very, very much.

It takes a very flagrant violation of the TOS to get perma-banned.

This realy is in the category of a Resident to Resident dispute which LL does not get involved in.

As others have suggested, it's time to drop the matter and move on.

he can only ban you from the sim, not from SL totally...forget about it...move on..

Besides.....

You've obviously got other issues to deal with...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Lifestyles-and-Relationships/Getting-married-in-SL-soon-but-can-t-find-any-happiness/m-p/2000783

EDITED: Yes...I'm being snarky. My apologies to those who might be offended....

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

It's not about lag... it's about rules.  What good does it do to have a list of rules for your sim if you can't enforce them?  The OP was breaking a rule and was told to stop and that, if they didn't they'd be banned... where's the drama in that?  The drama started when the OP decided to come here and create it by accusing the sim owner of lying and threatening them, at which point the sim owner banned them because he didn't want them causing any more needless, foolish drama.

I'd have done the same thing... in fact, I'd consider that "going with the flow" and letting one person break the rules while still insisting that others adhere to them, stands a better chance of creating drama than not.  Which means your stance actually supports the creation of drama, regardless of whether or not that was your intent.

...Dres (Btw, this is one of the most lame discussions that I've gotten into in a long time.  I have no idea why I even bothered... but, oh well.)

Aw dont worry. People can agree to disagree. I've always liked the things you have had to say on the forums. :) I hope my erspective can be a bit unique for some. I have worked in places in SL where I honestly felt the rules were intentionally BS just for the sake of being BS and for the sake of making drama. Unfortunatelly, some of those types of rules have become popular with no basis whatsoever in reality and are nothing more than a person's way of harrassing other's via the money they dished out to lease a bit of cyberspace (noting that the actual owner of anything here is actually Linden Labs solely. The only place you get an owner title is by buying the group chat which is 100 L$ aka 33 cents or whatever it is)

A erson trying to enjoy SL sees many amazing creative things to buy for their avatar then is often harrassed when they try to use them, sometimes even on the very sim they bought them on. I fail to understand how a large avi was hurting the guy. To me, he was being the jerk and that is what there should be rules against when you open your sim and list it in public listings. Lindens are just too damn lazy to take responsibilty for it.

if someone makes mistske and feels guilt upon it then they must be given chance to apologize. your friend will certainly give you forgive may be his anger has not cooled down yet just wait for some day he will certinly give a chance for you to apologize

Hey dear.. what you did was definitly not fair but it's good that you do realize your mistake. You should go to him and say sorry and ask him what you can do to make things right and please never do it again.