Sign in to follow this  
Imagin Illyar

Wacom graphics tablet and SL

Having apparently put more miles on my mouse than my wrists can bear, I've been using a Wacom Intuos 5 Touch graphics tablet with Second Life recently.  I wish I had done so sooner, the accuracy is amazing, especially for building, landscaping and terraforming.  I do have a profile set up for the Firestorm viewer I use and of course have it set to mouse mode.  The only drawback is in alt-clicking to cam - which I do a LOT.  Most of the time it's absolutely fine but about 1/4 of my alt-clicks send my camera zooming - either way far out, up uber close or behind the object I'm trying to focus on.

I've been considering getting a Space Navigator 3d mouse for my left hand just for camming but would prefer to be able to just use the tablet.  Anyone else using a graphics tablet & pen in SL?  Have you found a workaround for the alt-click zoom madness?  

that problem is not just for SL, it's universal with Wacom tablets (and I guess all such devices).

They have the same problem in the software I use at work, got annoying enough I invested another 100 Euro or so in a Steelseries gaming mouse. Looks a bit out of place on a work PC, but can't be bothered by that :)

You might also try an Evoluent vertical mouse. They're high quality and several people I've worked with swear by them.

Imagin Illyar wrote:

The only drawback is in alt-clicking to cam - which I do a LOT.  Most of the time it's absolutely fine but about 1/4 of my alt-clicks send my camera zooming - either way far out, up uber close or behind the object I'm trying to focus on.

Have you found a workaround for the alt-click zoom madness?  

Enable the Advanced menu in the top bar with CTRL+ALT+D

Then Advanced -> Debug Settings -> DisableMouseWarp -> Set this to TRUE

If still no luck, see HERE

Whirly - THANK YOU!!!!  The debug setting seems to have fixed the problem.  I can't tell you how relieved I am, thank you  so much for taking the time to reply!