Sign in to follow this  
claudia Debruyere

why i cant hear music now?

Question

..but my ADSL is very slow..

you might have your answer right there. The music streams in SL are a 'streaming' function, means they are send / recieved via internet. (Your graphic card has nothing to do with it )

Regarding the satelite connection: 
* Second Life is not compatible with dial-up internet, satellite internet, and some wireless internet services.
(See here https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php?)

So this might be most likely the source of your troubles. Especially the fact that it gets worse at weekends. Due to 2 things: more users using their satelite connection so the stream is drained a bit. And also in SL more users online and possibly more in your area, means more data to process (when being i.e. in a Club with lots avatars) .

For some people it works, or works partially then suddenly stops working at all, or bringing troubles of various types. (certain services not working correctly or even SL continously crashing)

I assume since you have satelite, you are most likely in an area where you possibly can't get a regular internet connection. Since your SL and music streams seem to work at times, i'd suggest trying to shut down your browser and everything else that would drain your connection (Skype / VOIP services, Webbrowser, others messengers, etc.) and see if it works better in that case.

1 answer to this question

..but my ADSL is very slow..

you might have your answer right there. The music streams in SL are a 'streaming' function, means they are send / recieved via internet. (Your graphic card has nothing to do with it )

Regarding the satelite connection: 
* Second Life is not compatible with dial-up internet, satellite internet, and some wireless internet services.
(See here https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php?)

So this might be most likely the source of your troubles. Especially the fact that it gets worse at weekends. Due to 2 things: more users using their satelite connection so the stream is drained a bit. And also in SL more users online and possibly more in your area, means more data to process (when being i.e. in a Club with lots avatars) .

For some people it works, or works partially then suddenly stops working at all, or bringing troubles of various types. (certain services not working correctly or even SL continously crashing)

I assume since you have satelite, you are most likely in an area where you possibly can't get a regular internet connection. Since your SL and music streams seem to work at times, i'd suggest trying to shut down your browser and everything else that would drain your connection (Skype / VOIP services, Webbrowser, others messengers, etc.) and see if it works better in that case.