"Please Read !!!! Help STOP a Griefer on Freebie Galaxy..........

Tyrath

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I been dealing with a griefer for the past few months and made a few post in the forms in learning how to stop things they are using I have learned a lot of things on how to block this grifer. I am still trying to block his Group invites . I got to find the person who is sending out the bot group invites. They are using some very ugly words in it. Anyway lets talk about the SIM that this is only happening at.

Freebie Galaxy ( http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ibiza/115/54/16 ) I have a few chats with the owner of the sim and it seem they have given up on stoping this and are not willing to .

Now this Griefer I am talking has over 27 ALTS and uses them all to Grief People on this sim as you can see there wood doll on people. Which BTW are some of the people who are banned from that sim. So this is a Ex-Lover who is griefing the sim to seek revenge to the owner of the sim as to grief all who come to this sim. You will get griefed if you look like or have anything to do with vampires ( Bloodline or non bloodlines players ) . Also in my case as it with a few others when you tell the griefer to stop griefing people with his “ Brash Follower” and silly looking wood doll that covers up your avi .

I been helping people in learning how to stop this griefer from using one tool that can spam your loc chat ( see other post under my name ) He puts your name on a script and drops it in a box and then drop that box any were on the grid and then you will get spam chat till you fig out or have someone like me teach you how to stop it. Then he move on to using a spam bot to spam you with group invites . I get over 600+ of these a day I try joining the group at 100Ls a pop to see if I could find the bot who is spamming me but no luck and here what it is,

**************** (****************) has invited you to join a group.

To join this group, you will have to pay a signup fee of L$100.

Group:

YOU ARE **bleep** !!!:

YOU ARE **bleep** !!!

YOU ARE RETARD !!!

YOU ARE **bleep**ER !!!

NOW GO TO HELL,

YOU **bleep**ING PIECE OF **bleep** !!!!

Now along with me filling god how meany AR so have others done so . And LLs has yet to do anything !!!!!! Plus People who are getting griefed on that along with me have sent NC and PICs to the owner of this sim too.

So here what I am thinking, is it not the rule that if you make a sim like Freebie Galaxy you as the owner are to protect the people you invite there and ban people who are giving people a hard time and even when you are given several notice for people asking you for help ????

To me it sounds like this owner has made this sim for the griefer to have there fun harassing people and making there SL time a horror experience in SL. I got there to teach noobies and pass them a link to my youtube Video that teaches FS viewer and a few thing to get them started so they know SL .

I know Lls is busy with loads of AR but you would think if they were seeing AR coming out of one sim by the loads they wouls look in to it ,but I guess it gets lost in all other things , And they look torwards the sim owners to help conrtol things on the sims. So to lock the sim down ( No scritps,no rezzing,no pushing.no fly )This owner has done all that . But this griefer uses a Follower that get past all that and uses there spam chat is a script that not on the sim..

Now I come to this forum to see if there is any help for the good people of SL to stop this griefer or to put pressure on the sim owner to PROTECT its visitors ….or the far cry that LLs would do something ( that I doubt will happen) or if there is a way people can get a different message to LLs other then the AR form ( that never seems to work too well )"

Thank you,

if a sim owner is bringing that on their residents..then it's time to move if they have given up on dealing with it themselves and expect everyone else to live with it..

my money is going to another sim owner then..

if they gave up then so will i..on them..

Maybe you could start taking newbies to other locations. At this point, the griever is grieving you as much as anyone else, and since no one has stopped it, and you are not getting help from the owner or Linden Lab, then it is time to move on and leave the owner to it. You can't force an owner to do something about their own sim.

There are a lot of other places that offer free items. Just put freebies, free into Search and a list will pop up. Some are better than others, and some are far better. You might also want to introduce your Newbie friends to Lucky Boards and Chairs where they can often get better quality items for free...if they are lucky. Grumble has tons of boards that give away gift cards and the odds of winning the cards is good. They also have camping chairs where you can sit for awhile and get clothing and shoes. Another place with tons of Lucky Boards is Snowpaws. Just watch for the first letter of your name and when you see it, touch the board and get clothing for free. They also have quite a few freebies in the same room.

There are alternatives out there, you just need to search for them, instead of continuing to fight a war you can't seem to win.

I think it is wonderful how you go out of your way to help new people. Because of people like you, the retention rate is probably better. I know having a mentor myself as a newbie really helped me assimilate into SL and improved the chances of me staying long term. Good luck to you!

Tyrath wrote:

You Have a very good point on that and I will have to take them to the othere places as it is true there are some great places out there . 

Ty for the input i recived so far

Ummmm...I told you the same thing as Star awhile back.  Try taking newbies to places like NCI, Bare Rose, The Gnubie Store, etc. (LMs in the notecard I sent to you weeks ago.) ;)

Personally Freebie Galaxy is one of the oldest places out there, im surprised people still shop their actually, since its all 2003 themed and secondlife content has improved so much. Personally if you're helping out newbies, just take them all on a 2 hour hunt around the most popular stores.

I don't remember the name of the group(s) but me and er, 'others' were absolutely spammed in SL by group invitations to some freebie groups recently.

I ignored it and hoped it would go away. If they were that indiscriminate, I hoped they were just working their way through the alphabet or something. So this is one case I didn't ask to be removed from a mailing list (yet.)

I really wish SL would add to its TOS something about the U.S. laws for spam. Anything that is sent in SL has spam potential since it can all go to email. Some people must have "send IM to email" on for other reasons; so that isn't an option for everyone, to turn that off.

Any group should have its announcement policy clear when people join. Some groups get around people turning Group Notices off for the group, by sending tons of IMs or group announcements. Some will send an announcement with landmark every hour. (I learned to leave those types of groups very early in my SL.)

Any merchant who spams people for visiting their store, or even overdoes the mailings on a sub-o list, should know the U.S. laws for email spam. You MUST include opt out information and link in EVERY message. 

I really wish that would become part of SL TOS so that people might stand a chance to learn that. 

It's gotten so I just don't join groups or click subscriptions any more, but I still occasionally get things like you talk about in this topic, or spam from visiting a place, or mysterious gifts, or spam from who knows where.  :)

RiiCassidy wrote:

Personally Freebie Galaxy is one of the oldest places out there, im surprised people still shop their actually, since its all 2003 themed and secondlife content has improved so much. Personally if you're helping out newbies, just take them all on a 2 hour hunt around the most popular stores.

some people like the retro look

LepreKhaun wrote:

If you really want to help newbies you might consider joining
NCI ( 
 )
. They are always in need of volunteers and remains one of the most used and popular newbie friendly groups. And if they saw your videos as a helpful resource, they might even help drive traffic to your channel.

You know you are very right about that as I have visited that place and see how good the Volunteers work and help people there . I will say that is a top notched ran place . I will deff have to pop in there and buzz around the forums n blogs they have.

Ty for your input.

I uncheck notices too. It seems some get around it other ways. I'm not sure how. Some put names in a sub-o whether they clicked on one or not. Others seem to send things to people in other group lists, sims, chats they saw took place, or I think sometimes, people from the forums. 

My viewer doesn't have capability to uncheck group chat. That would be nice, even though sometimes I like to sort of watch the buzz, other times I don't want to talk at all and it would be nice to shut it off.

I think what happens is the group owners sometimes post an ad type of thing in group IM, and if not in SL sometimes it goes to my email. Not sure why.

You know, they really really do like the retro look! And it seems the older some people are, the more fond they are of retro skin and hair and eyes ... I don't know whether their sense of what looks good in SL stopped somewhere around 2005 or whether they never turn up their graphics. However, there is something charming about some places that are firmly entrenched in the past, i don't know, sort of innocent and sweet (and usually primmy as anything).

Re: places to take newbies ... I try to take them places that have nice freebies for group members, like Gizza, BlakOpal,SF Design, and Ikon. i don't know much about skin and hair and clothes because I ask friends who make those things to help out with it. There used to be a HUD, I haven't used it in a while, but its a lucky chair finder, thats a fun way to shop on a budget, and the marketplace still has a lot of good freebies, once you sift through the demos.

not to sure on the reason for such hatred....but you are right, freebie galaxy is NOT script enabled, in fact he very plainly stated that in his blog.  And if you really think he's lying then go there yourself a couple times and see what happens, afterwards take a few minutes to remove your right foot out of your mouth.  The main purpose that i took from this is seeking advice and awareness.  It is possible to block and stay away from the sim.. but unfortunately there are unsuspecting people who are going to walk right in this griefers path, which really isn't fair.  Also,  how do we ever expect the problem ( or any similar ones around the grid) to stop if we don't acknowledge them.  Tyrath is thinking beyond himself, which is a very rare quality in a person these days.  ..... so if this gibberish is beyond your understanding and your main purpose to contribute to it is to insult people...then you can go get bent, I'm also not kidding! 

unit13 wrote:

Freebie Galaxy isn't script-enabled, so your verbose OP just proves 1) you're a liar 2) you're mentally ill. I have no clue what you hoped to achieve with this gibberish, but if it seriously brightened up your day...then please, please - top yourself in RL. I'm not kidding either.

Hmmmm I wonder if you really know what you just said ..Or better yet do you know how to read ? As I stated all the facts and that this Grifer as a prim wood doll attached to himself and that he is using a follower and super seeds the no scripts area and to top it off he is using a UUID script that he can put any were on the grid and spam you till you fig out who or what 27 names he uses to block.

So this makes me think one thing you are a hater or you are the griefer who I been going after and exposing ....But never less it does not matter as people can see what was written and you short but lil part is nothing but words of ......hmmmmm I sorry I just can't put my finger on it..Oh well

But plz go there and and sit and watch your fellow humans get grifed for no reason but for being what they whist to be in SL  ( vampire , lycan ) or just some telling the griefer to stop and be nice ....oh but that may be over your head I thing ....

unit13 wrote:

Freebie Galaxy isn't script-enabled, so your verbose OP just proves 1) you're a liar 2) you're mentally ill. I have no clue what you hoped to achieve with this gibberish, but if it seriously brightened up your day...then please, please - top yourself in RL. I'm not kidding either.

I once worked with a woman who was, shall we say, very confident in her own knowledge and not so confident in that of others. So much so, in fact, that one day there was a cloudburst and I mentioned it was hailing. She, without looking out the window, said, "No it's not - it's not cold enough" as I was watching hailstones bouncing off a metal roof.

Hi, Nanette!

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

unit13 wrote:

I once worked with a woman who was, shall we say, very confident in her own knowledge and not so confident in that of others. So much so, in fact, that one day there was a cloudburst and I mentioned it was hailing. She, without looking out the window, said, "No it's not - it's not cold enough" as I was watching hailstones bouncing off a metal roof.

Hi, Nanette!

OMG that is so true as the parable goes .....they should pull there head out of the cloud

TY for your input

If the griefing message is coming from an object (wood doll on shoulder of avi) you can mute it. Mute by object. If the owner has filed AR reports on this person, LL can remove anyone and all of their alts, and with this type of extortion for $100L group fee sounds like a no brainer. If you have or the sim owner has a premium account, get online or over the phone with concierge services and ask point blank why the AR on this individual has been ignored. Be sure you have proof such as who the person(s) are, and copies of open chat. Objects that speak for others such as puppets if you click on the puppets name in chat, it brings up the owners profile. Good luck, LL never in the past would overlook such nefarious behavior, hopefully they still have some backbone to keep the bullying out of a newb gathering area.

• 5 months later...

B=Gabby  is not a griever but a hacker i know plenty of people who had to redo do there PC because of her the time has come for Sl to stop this BS that she is doing watch the video left a coment and show your suppoert 

thank you

Snake Amedeus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.