Eyes not visible after detaching rigged mesh avatar

Sara Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I bought a couple rigged mesh avatars, both from the same store, and they're both giving me the same problem. I attach it and it works fine, but when I detach it my avatar's eyes are missing. All I see is two holes. It looks very weird. Objects attached to the eyes don't show up either. How can I fix this without restarting the viewer each time?

Agreed. This happens with any rigged object.

When you wear something with altered bone positions, it really messes up the underlying avatar. For some reason even after you take off the item, the altered positions seems to stick until you relog or whatever.

Actually, I've noticed sitting and standing seems to push things back into place. It may be that easy. Not sure.

as being said it only works in a small amount of cases / and very randomly.

The only 'cure' so far is really just a quick relog.

One thing you could try (I've never tried it because a quick relog doesn't bother me much, and when it happens i mostly forget that i wanted to try that just to see if it works : ))  is to use an un-deformer. I've always wondered if that may 'uncramp' messed up jointpositions from worn rigged meshes as well, or just squish your avatar around even more.
Basically why our eyes mostly aren't visible is because they often vanish somewhere insides your head due to messed up or altered bonepositions- so technically the undeforming should fix it.
But still might not work in all cases (when body crushers have being used etc)

If your up for it, try it and let me know if that worked.

(If you don't have one in your inventory - there are several ones on the marketplace for free: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lindatool-undeformer-HUD/2126730)

meh ... well it was worth a try. Even in JIRA some people were hoping for a fix with an inbuild undeformer.

Mesh is still kind of 'young' (even though it is accessable already quite a while) and suffers from some some problems not being fixed yet.

The problems are known and documented on JIRA, so all we can hope for is that they find solutions and time (and interest ^^)  to solve this.

Problem is that it also is a bit in the hands of the creators and not only LL's fault alone. When they do weird displacements to the bones etc it can make it hard for the engine when detaching this rigged item to move everythhing back in place, thus leave such unwanted results.

I have another idea how to possibly fix this as a workaround, but will need to build something for it and test it. 
I'll drop back to this thread here in case it works out as relyable help in such cases.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.