Sign in to follow this  
Melita Magic

LL please make surveys its own forum

Thank you again to all who have replied.

Not sure if there will be more replies now that the topic has been moved to purgatory. :)

I find it hilarious that the topic was *moved to the appropriate forum* from General Discussion. Clearly, talking about surveys is not appropriate for that forum, while *four topics on the front page of GD forum at a given time* requesting people send a stranger private information, go off site, go in world and be interviewed, discuss personal matters from RL and SL, is perfectly okay.

I don't think survey topics shouldbe allowed at all. I think they are spam. I think four or five clogging up the front page of a given forum on any given day is excessive. I think it's a joke how many come in here claiming to be taking surveys and often seem to be phishing instead. It is a serious security risk to residents as well as intrusive and annoying in the forum.

*This topic* was not a survey, though. I said "thoughts, everyone?" There were no questions, and I didn't require your email or real names. 

On the question of priorities in life, I've never seen it as an either/or issue. I can be concerned about serious, serious topics as well as concerned with abuse of the forums by outsiders that has persisted for years.

That's just what the people coming here to exploit residents are doing: abusing forum resources, NOT discussing Second Life there but pulling people to outside fora or websites; and exploiting residents, and potentially worse.

It makes the GD forum (and sometimes other ones) difficult to use. I don't see why it isn't considered to be garbage, unless the person is a resident discussing aspects of Second Life IN that topic, which as VRProf pointed out, is not a legit survey anyway.

*sighs* Thanks for hearing me and for replying with your own thoughts, which were, again, a discussion, NOT a closed parameter survey.  ;-)

This thread got moved?

Looks...

Oh yes! LOL. Crazy moderation.

*shrugs*

Sometimes the survey threads get removed really quickly, and sometimes they are allowed to stay.

Another example of moderation not being consistent.

This post will get removed because of my criticism (observation really) of the moderation!

It was a good thread you started, for a General Discussion. It got everyone talking, and a few more would have joined in I think too, if it hadn't been moved.

Thank you so much, Marigold!  :D

Since I began browsing forums yet another research/survey topic popped up on GD forum. This one is in Dutch! Lol.

If they don't want to create a Survey forum (which that many topics could well sustain) at least move those things to Wanted forum. They are searching for volunteers, or sometimes paying, for people to take their survey. Clearly a Wanted situation in my opinion.

But then no one would read them...because GD is the most visited forum. Hmmm, interesting.

Having given this a little bit of thought, I have decided this is an awesome idea.

I would propose the new sub forum be entitled:

Second Life Surveys: Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

LL must want those surveys..

it must be ok to post the same topic over and over and over..

but make a topic about moving them from the section they are building up in and bam!!

that topic gets moved..

is it irony? or does it just feeeel like irony lol

If the Lindens would be actually interested in our opinions, they would do  listen, and put them in an extra forum.

Maybe we should survey that.