Issue with changing Language in MP and what then comes ...

Caren Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello to all and hope I can find here a answer

Problem is:

My Shop is all in english .. but if a Customer comes and is searching for one Product like (my Problem now) "Purple Tree" in german - it shows the Customer 26 different Trees from me with the same Name -> Purple Tree !!!

And 1 is right, 25 are wrong and I have them in my Store with another name. But the Customer see then 26 Trees with the same name.

I don't know if its "only" by german Customer so but for me is the Problem, that I see this in other Merchant Stores in MP too, cause I had checked some. And in a Shop by a Friend of mine too. By her comes tons of Cakes with the same Name but she load all up with the right Title.

Anyone the same Problem? Sorry for my english and I hope you understand what I mean.

If I change the Language back in MP in english - is all ok. But with other Languages comes many like this with tons of the same names

Not good and I hope I become here Info what it can be.

Thank you to all

Caren Jewell
 from CJ Creations

As you mentioned I see all the 26 items having the same name when I search your store for purple tree with a language set to other than English, but the search result is wrong to begin with when it gives red tree, orange tree and so on even when the language is set to English, so looks like something is borked. You might want to create a JIRA or file a support case.

That happens to me sometimes, edit your listing and check if you have any text under the other languages tabs. Sometimes the text is copied if you use that "quick fill" option and you dont even see it under the other languages thinguie. Maybe thats whats going on :)

well its not a really a bug on your mp, but its how mp search work.

ive checked your keywords... all of your trees have "tree" as keyword what is normal and logical.

if i type only "purple "in the search i dont see your trees that doesnt have "purple" in keywords.

but if i type "purple tree" the search will look for everything with "purple" + everything with "tree" + everything with "purple tree"... normally, if i type the " " at the start and the end of "purple tree" it should only look for everything with both name, but it doesnt... MP search is not the best search engine i ever seen. ... lol. really not...  but here, in your problem there is nothing wrong according to how the mp search engine works... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.