Why can't I edit my husbands objects when I have permission to?

killerkiss85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

It might be a simple issue coming along with our today maintenance time.
I had some weird object and inventory issues as well.

In addition you might find the answer of what 'could' be wrong or how to fix it in this here:

Letting friends edit your objects

There are a couple of ways to allow a friend to edit your objects in Second Life. This is often referred to as collaborative building or collaborative creation. It's a useful way to let groups of people collaborate on a building project together. The method you choose depends on whether your co-collaborator is in a group, whether he or she is your friend, etc.

The group method

1. Right-click the object and choose Edit to bring up the object editor.
  2. Click on the General tab in the editor. (If you can't see the tabs, click on More.)
  3. Click on the Tool icon to the right of Group and assign the object to the group your friend is in.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Select the checkbox next to Share.
Profile perms.png
  1. Click on the People tab and click MY FRIENDS to open your friends list.
  2. Mouse over your friend's name and click  to view your friend's profile.
  3. In the profile page that appears, click the wrench icon and choose Permissions
  4. Under Allow (friend's name) to, select Edit, delete or take my objects.
32px-KBcaution.png Important: This gives your friend the same rights that you have to edit all of your objects.

A few things to note

There are a few things you should be aware of:

• Your collaborative partners can only edit objects you've rezzed. Nobody but you will ever have access to your inventory, so if you want someone else to edit an object that you own, you need to rez it inworld first.
  • Your collaborative partners can't edit the next-owner permissions on an object they've been granted access to.
  • It isn't technically possible to link two prims together if they have different owners, even if the owners have given each other edit permissions.
  • Your collaborative partners cannot edit your objects if they have Select Only My Objects enabled in their Tools menu.

iif it still continous and also a cleaning of the cache (me > preferences > advanced) doesn't help. He should submit a support ticket : https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/
As the error must come from his side, with the account not storing or accepting this edit permission setting for you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.