Attempted to install the new firestorm update I get an error?

Omlut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So firestorm released that new "big major update" Uh version 4.4.0.33720 for windows

I get mostly through the instillation and I get this error http://i.imgur.com/mmTn5Rt.png It will keep stopping at this point, if I hit ignore it stops again on something else.

To make matters worst this now prevented me from running the previous version I already had.

I have redownloaded it and attempted to reinstall it and got nothing.

I have done a clean uninstall, reinstalled it and get stopped on the same error, nobody I know can offer anything. I'm not seeing anything on Google specific to this update error. It would be fantastic if windows told me why it wont install this specific file.

I have never had an issue installing firestorm before.

So now I'm using the default SL viewer and I can in no way get used to this head bobbly follow the cursor BS. I can not go on like this, SL feels unplayable without firestorm. An answer to fix to my dilemma would be greatly greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Omlut.

I've not encountered that problem either, and I run Firestorm.

But the experts in the Firestorm support group inworld will be able to help you with this, so please follow Griffin's advice and log in on whatever viewer you can and give them a buzz.

Good luck to you. (Please post back here too when you find the solution - it will help others.)

Edited to add:

As there is no "reply" button here on the Answers section, to add more to this thread you can click on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

• Like 2

i got the same problem . and i fixed it  

just open your task manager  and go to processes tab . 

then type firstorm  ( you should see you already have some firestorms opens in the back ) 

just click on end process  to close them . 

then try to install it again and it will work for you :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.