question about a house rezzed on my sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

okay, I have a sim....I rezzed a house and it came out wrong. I accidentally clicked a part of it and deleted meaning to click something else and now its all jacked. I tried to derez the house but couldn't so I clicked on every single thing in the house (its very large and furnished and this took about an hour)  and then I rezzed it again, but it still came out the same way. I repurchased the house and same thing with the new one! i'm now out over 1000L on this house and 4 hours of my day....what can I do? and is there an easier way to clear the sim?

yes there is an easier way

u hold the right click on your mouse and u stretch a square around your house : it will select everything inside the square, then u just have to choose delete, or take...

that said... if you still have pb with rezzing your house.. stop buying it again and again... maybe u just can im the creator that will prob glad to help you. and if you cant find anyone to help you.. you may im me, and ill come to help you :).... (not now indeed, im already in bed, its late here, but i think ill be online, tom after 8 am slt till nooon SLT)

The other's addressed how to remove the broken house.  I would like to address the first issue of the building not rezzing right.  Generally when this happens it is due to one of three main things

You are a victim of lag. 

Wait a while and try it again

Part of the house didn't align right. 

This usually happens because part of it would go underground,  When this happens the set of prims that is effected rise up so they are on top of the ground  Solution:  Rez the house higher up and if needed terraform around it by lowering the ground under the part that is giving you trouble, then lower it.

OR Part of it was too close to the sim border or your parcel property line and your neighbor does not allow object entry.  Solution: Move the box further into your property line.

The Builder did not pack the house correctly OR the scripts that run the rez box have become corrupted.

If none of the above two things is the cause than chances are this is.  Contact the builder and explain the problem and ask them to correct it and send  a replacement.  If the builder says that this is not the case have them come and rez the house for you so they can see exactly what is going on and help you figure out a solution.

Are you certain the house will fit on your parcel.  Most list their footprint. 

When rezzing a house if any part of it rezzes over a no build parcel you dont own it can bork the entire process.

Contacting the creator or finding a friend who has experience rezzing homes may be your best bet.

If teh house is copy/no transfer the creator MAY be nice and refund you for the double purchase.  They are not obligated too but they may be nice about it. 

Does your lot have a slope? Sometimes on a sloped lot when you try to rezz a house with a "rezz box" some of the pieces will end up higher than the rest of the building because the simulator won't let things rezz underground so items on the slope will be pushed up. If this looks like the problem, raise the rezzbox until it's high enough that everything will come out in the right relationship and then move everything down from there if necessary.

OP stated he owns a sim, Perrie. That might give him enough prims to rez a simple house, dontcha think? But ok, since OP doen't seem to be very clued up, he might have confused his tiny parcel with a full sim. :smileyindifferent:

Anyhoo, OP, if your house came with a faux rezzer (rez box) just edit the box a bit up before clicking on Build. And after build you can just move the box around until everything looks fine before you click on save/store. If your parcel is indeed on a slope make a base prim first, so you have a solid foundation to rez your house on.

Orca Flotta wrote:

OP stated he owns a sim, Perrie. That might give him enough prims to rez a simple house, dontcha think? But ok, since OP doen't seem to be very clued up, he might have confused his tiny parcel with a full sim. :smileyindifferent:

Oops, yes you are right about him saying 'SIM.' 

Reading  his description of the problem my mind flashed back to my experience the first time I used a rezzer.  It was a lovely mess to clean up.  There was no 'help' notecard provided, something that I have noticed since when helping other friends rez homes it seems many of the home builders neglect to include. 

Does the house use rez faux?

Sometimes if a house stretches past the land boundary as rezzed, the part past the boundary doesn't rez. 

That is probably why you have a missing chunk of house.

I would IM the creator and, if you can add them to your land group, ask them to rez the house for you. Or ask for a non rez faux copy maybe.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.