Script limit for parcel

FlamelN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 months later...

MasterJedi Nayar wrote:

Now with the new Server Side Awareness (SSA), that should not be an issue--yes?

Nice necropost.  For the record, server side appearance changes nothing at all about how attachments or scripts work. It changes the behavior for system shapes/hair/eyes/skin/clothes, period.

My point was regarding SSA and scirpts:  It is the lag that is why sicrpts usage was a pain.  Now that there is hardly any lag due to SSA having the besky objects or whatever telling us all to weaer less scirpts is not needed.  Another thing is not all scirpt objects are bad.  How can these objects tell the difference?  I think this scirpt issue is not needed or at least needs to be reavaluated. 

Cerise is right.  SSA is basically about changing where your avatar appearance files are stored and accessed -- on SL servers instead on on your own computer.  It has nothing to do with how much you wear and whether it contains scripts or not.

The main point and idea for me to post what I had said was that for the lands I go to that states I wear too many sicprts is to the point rude.  If I am going to be invited by using the Bletaverse cones (hopping around randomly), then a bit of respecdt is needed.  Like I said, not all scirpted objects are bad and should not cause issues with how the land continues doing its thing or whatever.  I was told years back that too many scripts causes lag.  I never have faced hardly any lag after everything rezzes once I arrived to where ever.

Far be it...if I am not wanted at a parcel/sim, then would rather not be there.  Just the same if we are invited by the Bletaverse cones, Stargate, or whatever that allows me to arrived, then the besty script limit ojbecdts are more of a harrassment than anything.  Far be it for me to say most do not get how SL is run, but that is not my fault. Some descression is need and common sense regarding scirpt usage and the limit there of.  Thank you.

I still say someone wearing attachments with 37,000 scripts needs a bit of a nudge ^^

[Yes, a woman at Caledon Oxbridge only knew how to wear the whole contents of a folder, not individual items.  She was wearing her entire colour-collection of a hair which had script-per-prim resizers]

You can check ther script usage and ask them to reduce or leave, give them say 5 mins and eject them, tho not sure you be very popular. But depends what you prepared to put up with. Resizer scripts tend to be the ones as tthe put in apparel and most are not aware. Also ejecting someone as far as im aware uses more resorses than the scripts they got,  but sure if that incorrect i be bashed. lol

But as an additional, shops can do more to reduce scripts usage, i been in an emptty sim and could not move becouse of this. Sopeeps just stay away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.