Problems with online status

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the last few days I repeatedly encounter a problem with the online status. Friends do not show as online on the friends list (both in Firestorm and on the website), and I do not show online to some others - even when standing next to each other. Sometimes an IM triggers an update - sometimes not, with the result that IMs don't reach the recipent in their viewer but get forwarded to their email. Which makes an ongoing IM conversation quite ugly. Is this a current general problem? Can anything be done from the users side to fix it? Thanks :-)

Yeah it's hapenning a lot, asset server is also giving problems.

I had a person today who said he didn't see me online standing right next to me, he thought I had hidden myself, which needed explanation.

Jira though is where I fear this would get more Linden Love (did the Lindens ever learn to love us non-business cashcows?) than here in the boondocks.

<3

Just to chime in...although, it's not going to help..I've been having that problem as well. I usually just relog and it fixes it. Sometimes it does take more than one relog though. I'm using Firestorm, by the way

I tend to think that any problems SL is having has to do with whatever updates they're trying to do to the system. It's annoying, but fixable.

Same as above, it's been happening to me over the past week and probably is the same recurring glitch that's happened before and will shortly resolve itself again too.

I wish this bug would at least occur once with those who have chosen to show themselves as offline all of a sudden popping up as online.  Now that would be popcorn drama.

I never take any notice of my own friend list to see whose online, but looking at it earlier today noticed the information did not tally with what was on my dashboard.

And my inworld online tracker still gives me true online status for those I really really want to contact.

Its just another one of those SL quirks, might clear up with tomorrow's roll outs. Might not. If you feel strongly enough about it, you could submit a new JIRA, or wait and see what tomorrow brings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.