How do i get unbanned from a location?

Rune10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

A land owner may ban you for any reason they want, or none at all.  You don't say why you were banned or how long ago.  Send a notecard to the owner and explain your side of things in a polite and respectful manner along with the reason you think you should not have been banned.  I wouldn't get my hopes up about it though.  Unless you can present well documented proof that you did nothing wrong it is unlikely they will change their mind and unban you.

• Like 1

Contact the owner of the place, but be aware that its likly that you violated at least one of their rules which leaded to a ban. It could help if you know why you were banned. Being banned because of bad behavior is unlikly to get you unbanned. But dresscode other avatarlook issues might be worth a try.

47 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

You can't. I've tried all of these. You're just banned forever. Just make a new account.

The original post is from April 2013 and the last post was from over a year ago. There is no reason to add these comments to old threads.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

You're just banned forever. Just make a new account.

If you are hoping to violate the TOS by creating a new account to get around a ban, you should be aware that posting here in a public SL forum has probably alerted Linden Lab.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you are hoping to violate the TOS by creating a new account to get around a ban, you should be aware that posting here in a public SL forum has probably alerted Linden Lab.

Judging by the other posts Napoleon has made here, I think he's talking about sim and estate bans, Rolig, and I'm fairly sure Linden Lab regards those as disputes between users and something they won't interfere with in any way. It's still an important reminder though: if you are banned from Second Life as a whole by Linden Lab, creating a new alt is a ToS violation and can get you into even more trouble.

Edit: Can we put this thread to rest now? As LittleMe Jewel mentioned, it is beginning to get a bit old.

Edited by ChinRey
Editing
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:
5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Judging by the other posts Napoleon has made here, I think he's talking about sim and estate bans, Rolig, and I'm fairly sure Linden Lab regards those as disputes between users and something they won't interfere with in any way. It's still an important reminder though: if you are banned from Second Life as a whole by Linden Lab, creating a new alt is a ToS violation and can get you into even more trouble.

Edit: Can we put this thread to rest now? As LittleMe Jewel mentioned, it is beginning to get a bit old.

Sure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.