Sign in to follow this  
Cassandra Melnik

Is there a way to become a vampire without joing a clan?

I can't seem to find a decent clan, and I've been looking for the past week. I've researched everything there is to know about Bloodlines so I know what I'm getting into....but I'm wanting to be a vampire already and so many clans have these waiting periods. I think a week is long enough.

When I was a vampire I didn't want to drink blood from humans because I never ever managed to met one that looks like it would taste good. And I was avoiding clans because all relations there were fake. 

Anyway, if you want I can bite you and turn into vampire and you don't even need to have sex with me! :P

as long as you find someone willing to bite you you should be okay. If you want you could maybe come check out my clan. There really nice folks and there's no wait period here that I know of. Message me inworld and I an see if I could get a royal to talk to you or something. I personally can't bite as I'm human so... Anyway it's an option I think the clan I'm in is like number  6 on the list there? I'm from boston and I should be on at like 10pm my time today if you wanna talk.

Hi yes there is a way to become a vampier  without joining a Clan if that is what you wish , but not  really  reccommendend.... unless you are wanting to make your own Clan up which in is possilabe to do. If you need help turning concact me I would be  happy to turn you an let you  go on your way  or help your in your frist weeks of becoming a Vamp.

Of the Clan Damed Devine

Iris Crescendo

Sure, all you need to do is be one.  You don't even need to let anyone bite you to be a vampire unless you want to participate in one fo the HUD based vampire RP games.  Long before those games existed there were vamps in SL.  There are still vamps in SL that aren't associated with a clan or one fo the RP games.

What puzzles me is that a good chunk of the bloodlines players I have met, who are vampires in their game system, don't act like vampires in any way shape or form. Those who play humans and lycans tend to have a better grip on their racial type, but the vamps just seem to be "folks who like to hang out".

Chronometria wrote:

What puzzles me is that a good chunk of the bloodlines players I have met, who are vampires in their game system, don't act like vampires in any way shape or form. Those who play humans and lycans tend to have a better grip on their racial type, but the vamps just seem to be "folks who like to hang out".

How are vampires supposed to act? are they supposed to stalk the various SIMs, pounce on the unwary noob and drain them dry in a dark alley? or lounge in dark castles in victorian clothing and hold court with their cattle?

I'm thinking more along the lines of oh, avoiding sunlight, churches, garlic, staying away from iron implements, fainting from low blood pressure after skipping a meal if they stand too quickly  ...

Amethyst, you took the words right out of my fingertips. There is more to being a vampire in SL than Bloodlines or any of the other RP games. Why get roped into someone else's notions about how to be a vampire?

Lucretia Brandenburg wrote:

I'm thinking more along the lines of oh, avoiding sunlight, churches, garlic, staying away from iron implements, fainting from low blood pressure after skipping a meal if they stand too quickly  ...

I suppose it all depends on which set of vampire myths you decide to follow.

Not all vampires in the traditional myths are undead (read a book on it) Some of them were actually people born out of wedlock (strangely enough) or people who were excummunicated witht he church. Those people might not need to avoid sunlight.

Dracula could walk in sunlight.

I have met one person who was a vampire without the bloodlines hud, and I've thought about that doing that too, and it's certainly possible to...but you wouldn't have any powers......and what's the point in being a vampire if you have no supernatural abilities? In Sl, I mean.

To Dresden,

If all vampires look like you then I need to sign up! Hope its OK went to your blog

And checked out your postings.  Very interesting!

Now, I need to find a clan myself. As, SL is rather boring at times for this human

Lizbeth

lizbeth2u wrote:

To Dresden,

If all vampires look like you then I need to sign up! Hope its OK went to your blog

And checked out your postings.  Very interesting!

Now, I need to find a clan myself. As, SL is rather boring at times for this human

Lizbeth

Awww... thanks, Lizbeth.  You didn't have to lie about my blog being interesting, but I certainly appreciate the fact that you did. *hugs*

...Dres

In RL, I am a vampire... well, at least that's what my parents called me...

They also told me to come out from the basement where I had been living (since I got kicked from college for selling exotic animals), get a job and stop mooching from them like a vampire.

I dunno, I am beginning to think I could be a vampire... or they just don't like me.