[06:40] Second Life: Cannot create requested inventory. Why am i getting this for all my inventory?

superfightertarl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar is "Ghosting" and for every item i try to attached out of my inventory I get this message:

[06:40] Second Life: Cannot create requested inventory.

I didnt see any notices about inventory maintenance today...any ideas on why its happening?  I was going to open a ticket...but non of the options there seem to fit the issue..

16 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean by "ghosting", but I suspect that's not what is happening.  "Ghosting" is a very rare phenomenon (although common until a couple of years ago) that arises when the servers lose track of you as you log out.  I suspect you are seeing a simple bake fail.  That's a communication problem between your computer and SL's servers. Information about your appearance has to be "baked" onto your avatar on your own computer, saved there, and then uploaded to SL before it's fully visible there. If the necessary information is messed up in transmission, you may end up with a borked file on your computer, or SL's servers may end up with a borked image. Either way, your av's appearance defaults to a fluffy cloud. What works to repair the damage for one person won't necessarily work for the next person, and it may not be the same thing that works for you tomorrow. See the full list of possibilities here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail . Start with the simple things at the top of the list and work down until you find what works for you today.

You may find that the bake fail problem comes back repeatedly, even after you fix it with one of the suggestions on that wiki page. If so, you have a chronically weak Internet connection, and that may well be the root of your problem rezzing things from inventory too.  Unless you have a solid connection to the servers, they cannot get the data they need to rez your objects, all of which are stored as files in the servers.  There are many steps to take for repairing it. Perhaps the simplest ones -- ones that work best for most people -- are: (1) Don't Use WIRELESS. Wireless connections are inherently less stable than direct cable connections and are more vulnerable to interference. Then, (2) Reboot your router. Unplug it from the power for a few minutes to let it clear its RAM. Then plug it back in and let it get a fresh hold on an IP address.   You may also want to take a good look at Nalates's blog for more detailed suggestions >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 1

I have not log on to SL for a while and discovered the same problem since yesterday. Some of the items are paid for but cannot not be found in my inventory. It might be the internet connection issue as described by you. I will try your suggestion to unplug the power and plug it back in to see if it helps.

Anyway, thanks for the answer to the topic.

BTW, there was unscheduled server maintenance last night.  It was completed within two hours, but there may be lingering effects that LL is not reporting.

[RESOLVED] Unscheduled Server Maintenance

[Resolved 1:03 AM PST, 20 April 2013]  All connectivity and services have been restored.

[Posted 11:46 PM PST, 19 April 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled server maintenance.  During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions and logins. In addition, some web services such as profiles and my.secondlife.com may be inaccessible during this time. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates.

We're seeing a LOT of people complaining about getting a "can't create inventory item" error message in Firestorm support group, even with fully loaded inventory. I got that message myself repeatedly on various SIMs and it keeps going on.

There was an unscheduled server maintenanceearlier today and the issue is supposed to be resolved.Perhaps not the same issue, but there definitely is one going on.

File tickets folks, LL need to know about this issue.

• Like 1

Problems with avatars suddenly turning into cloud forms and inventory error messages have been far too prevalent, even long after Linden Lab announced in the Second Life grid status that all was now well.

As this issue is still ongoing, Linden Lab need to know. Therefore, you need to click on "help" at the top of this screen and submit a support ticket.

As Rolig says, you are not ghosting, but your avatar is not baking correctly. And the inventory issues are serious.

Do not make any purchases or try to rezz anything in the meantime.

(edited for name mis-spelling - sorry about that)

My groups are being flooded since EVERYONE seems to be getting this problem at the moment. I've even tried TPing to a void sim and can't rezz there. I've TPed to lots of regions, and can't rez stuff anywhere - getting exactly the same error message as the original poster.

I expect LL will give the usual canned response about resetting your router, but it seems to be an asset server problem. It would be nice if the status page just admitted this, instead of pretending that everything's fine when it's clearly not.

This is certainly still an issue:

[09:04] Second Life: Cannot derez object due to inventory fault.
[09:06] Second Life: Cannot create requested inventory.

This is happening everywhere I go, including the premium sandboxes.
LL could you please update your Grid Status report to reflect that this problem still exists?

I have been having problems with changing outfits and loading since last night when the maintenance started.  First I couldn't remove my outfits then I still was a cloud.

Then I started getting the message from SL that "cannot create requested inventory" message.  I've tried logging in and restarting sl as well as my computer and it's been the same.  I had some relief when I saw there was a maintenace issue, but now it says it's been resolved.  Yet, I'm still having those problems.  From what I see in the FIrestorm Support Group; there are lots of others having these problems as well.  Something is definitely going on.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.