What causes textures to lowrez?

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dont think this ws an issue back a few years ago. Quite often now i will see a texture rez, i walk away or turn around and come back and the saem texture is having to either reload or appears to be reloaded and is stuck at a low rez never to fully load.

What causes this to happen? is it bad cache organising? is it because it's a texture on a mesh? does draw distance or field of view have anything to do with it? Is it a bug or is it a planned feature to reduce lag?

Would be interested to hear peopels thoughts 

It is hard to know what the problem is. Do file a JIRA with good descriptions and examples of the problem. Include the time and location where you see it happening.

Andrew has been revising the Interest List processing on the server. He recently made some changes that I thought would reduce this problem of the viewer having to re-render textures behind you.

Also, we really need to know your computer specs to say if there is a problem there. The amount of VRAM you have may make a difference. 

Many of the Firestorm people think turninig off HTTP Texture Get makes things download and render faster. I beleive that was once true. After playing with Firestorm's RLV this last week, I doubt that is still true. I find the SL Beta and Dev Viewers using HTTP much faster than Firestorm when using UDP, which is also much more suspectable to file corruption. 

You'll have to watch and see if the new server updates make a difference. Each update of the Interest Processing has gotten better.

• 5 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.