RP beginner course?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if there was some sort of RP course for beginners.

I am interested in RP in SL but i don't know where to start or what to do...or even which RP to participate in. I think my interest is mostly in Medieval/Fantasy and Urban, but i know too little of other types to really say so.

I recently joined an urban RP sim (Cracked Den), but i am not sure if this is what i like...and to be honest i do not know where or how to start.

So any help or tips would be very much appreciated.

I know Isl of Sul does RP classes. And serveral different levels. I am not completely sure what genre of RP they do there but I talked to a couple of the teachers/admins as well as attended a class or two and everyone there is super helpful.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Island%20of%20Wind/113/124/1001

Also you may want to join a few RP groups in world.A lot of sims adertise rp classes or forums and different events. A couple I'm apart of are below. But there are tons!  Hope this helps.

♥Victoria

secondlife:///app/group/25cba41e-9bfa-59ad-bd96-69df7f8ba3f1/about

secondlife:///app/group/06f6db8d-72d5-419a-0c4b-d0b07f5ff661/about

There are a few wonderful ones out there.  I would suggest connecting up the NCI, that's the New Citizens International?  I think.   Every weekend the dedicated Varian Altney runs a generic rp class, on both Saturday and Sunday.   It's good to have a non-specific source to start with.

After that I'd suggest going to the RPC Centre - the Roleplaying Centre.  This is a sim that is dedicated to offering RP sims a chance to put themselves out there for you to get information on.  This way you don't have to just bounce around trying to find something that works.  It breaks down by genre and interest. There are also several groups dedicated to finding Roleplay. 

There is a lot of awesome rp going on in SL, even give me a shout if you'd like and I"ll be happy to help out.

[Excerpted from the current class schedule]

Sunday
5pm
Caledon Oxbridge Class: Introduction to Role-Playing
Instructor: Wendyslippers Charisma
Cost: Free

Learn the basic history, purpose and usage of emotes and gestures. Explore roleplay, what it is, and how to do it. This class is intended to enhance your Second Life and greatly increase your fun potential! Free notes, landmarks and gestures provided.

Please contact the instructor, Wendyslippers Charisma, with questions about this class; not the event poster.

This class is held at the Caledon Oxbridge Lecture Hall.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Caledon%20Oxbridge/76/140/29/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.