Viewer 2 Photography Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I was having an issue while trying to take photos in the linden labs viewer. Whenever I take a snapshot that is greater in size than the choices given, about half of the photo gets cut off and shows black. I usually take my photos at around 6000x3000 in firestorm with no problem. Is there any way to be able to do this in viewer 2 or will I be stuck at taking the lower quality snapshot sizes provided by the viewer?

If anyone has expericed photos cutting off at larger sizes, and has found a fix...please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Abram Violet

I tested big snapshot in two viewers:

Second Life 3.5.0 (273444) Apr  3 2013 12:48:32 (Second Life Release)

and

Second Life 3.5.1 (273869) Apr 12 2013 09:32:59 (Second Life Beta Viewer)

I took 6000 x 3000 pixels size snapshot.  It came out perfectly in both of the above viewers.

I took this photo to show you what I mean. This pic was taken at 6000x3181 in Viewer 2.

http://tinypic.com/r/2wf3jmr/4

Whenever I use firestorm, I never have this problem & the photos come out fine at this size.

Maybe it's a setting? It not only happens to me, but my girlfriend & we live together and both have the same computer. Our graphics cards are pretty much top of the line as well as our internet connection so I know it's not that. I'm thinking there is a  possible debug setting or something that can fix this if anyone knows.

Abram Violet wrote:

When you did the test, was it with shadows?

Just before my post (19-04-2013).  I did the snapshots without "Lighting and Shadows".

I did a new test with "Lighting and Shadows" on.  Now at 6000 x 3000 sized image about one third of the right side of the snapshot is totally black.  So it appears that something is not working as expected when "Lighting and Shadows" is on.  It's a bug.

Thats exactly what is happening to me.

I'm sure there is a work around or something, because I've seen other people use V2 with shadows without having it happen. I'm thinking maybe a debug setting or something. It would be nice to use V2 for pictures because I don't lag at all compared to firestorm.

I got this same thing on Firestorm one time, and my friend had it before me. I saved one snapshot in inventory, then clicked to save back on pc. And I played with size and "constrain proportions" option. Now I'm not sure if in my case it gtot fixed by itself but I didn't have it after that.

ive been experiencing almost similar bug, with firestorm and kokua viewers, in my case, i have a big black spot on the right side of the pic.

Of course, this only happen, when we are trying to make pics larger than our screen size.

in my case, after some investigations, i fig out that it only happens, when im not enough fast to click on "save as" after having refreshing my camera tool. So i may easily fix, being faster for cliking on the save button.

But a friend of mine, with a 1 month old comp, really powerfull and with a great graph card and great internet connection, had the same pb while he tried to make a snapshot at 6000 size even being fast for saving the pic in his comp.. so well... we came to the conclusion that it was same as for the line we get sometimes when we do large pics... a mysterious glitch lol

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

ive been experiencing almost similar bug, with firestorm and kokua viewers, in my case, i have a big black spot on the right side of the pic.

Of course, this only happen, when we are trying to make pics larger than our screen size.

in my case, after some investigations, i fig out that it only happens, when im not enough fast to click on "save as" after having refreshing my camera tool. So i may easily fix, being faster for cliking on the save button.

But a
 friend of mine, with a 1 month old comp, really powerfull and with a great graph card and great internet connection, had the same pb while he tried to make a snapshot at 6000 size even being fast for saving the pic in his comp.. so well... we came to the conclusion that it was same as for the line we get sometimes when we do large pics... a mysterious glitch lol

With firestorm I have no issues with taking photos whatsoever. I can take them even larger than 6000x3000 with no problem. I'm having the same exact problem you are with the SL Viewer 2. I also have a very powerful computer so I know it's not anything to do with my graphics being that my card is way above what is needed for SL. Your fix didn't work for me. I'm almost certain there has to be some kind of setting that can permananly fix the problem, just not sure as to what. I've heard in the past people having this issue & using some kind of debug setting or something that fixed it. (just can't remember what they said)

Thanks though! If I figure out a fix for this, I'll be sure to post it.

Abram Violet wrote:

Hello,

I was having an issue while trying to take photos in the linden labs viewer. Whenever I take a snapshot that is greater in size than the choices given, about half of the photo gets cut off and shows black.

I did some searching.  It's definitely a viewer bug affecting latest Linden Lab viewer and also latest Firestorm (4.4.0).

Look here:

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-9894

This is a known issue of the highly awaited tiling fix and has been reported to LL already.

As a temporary solution, it works to take images at a resolution of 4096 x 2428 (not higher).

[unquote]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.