Sign in to follow this  
Jo Yardley

Can't use mesh item as vendor?

Just bought a nice mesh object, it has no transfer rights but I can modify and copy it.

Now I would like to use it as a vendor, put something else inside it and sell that.

So, for example, my nice mesh box is there to sell a t-shirt I put inside it.

But SL won't let me.

Somehow the 'for sale' button remains grey, because of course I can't sell the object itself, but it won't even let me sell something inside it?

That is stupid.

Sorry, just needed to share annoyance.

Why not try adding the mesh to an invisible prim and let the prim be main object to sell ?

I'm clueless exactly to the why ... mesh should act with scripts just like other prims afaik, it's just a 'custom made' prim (type 'convex hull' ) uploaded by a user ... but perhaps scripting on those has been disabled by LL ?

It is because the object is no transfer not because it is mesh.  I have mesh vendors.  I think the reason is that when you check the sales box you have a choice of selling the object or contents.  It would seem that one of those could be a choice without the other one though.