Older viewers

Larissa Melodie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Yes, and no.  You can go to https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes and find links to download past viewers --- at least some of them.  This is not a good time to be doing that, though.  Within a couple of weeks Linden Lab will be releasing the next viewer/server upgrade, which includes Sever Side Avatar Baking.  That upgrade will finally solve one of the most common, annoying problems that SL residents have dealt with since Day One, but it will also mean that all previous viewers will fail to work properly.  If you are using an older viewer, all avatars will appear gray.  So .... yes, you may re-install an older viewer but no, you don't want to do that.

• Like 1

According to Singularity's website they will be including the new server side baking code, so that is your best option. I can run an older version of Singularity on my seven year old laptop although at low graphics setting. So I am guessing it may work for you. It seems to be the best for older machines from what friends tell me. Good luck.  You might want to wait until the change happens as I am guessing there will be BIG changes :D. We can only hope that most will be for the better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.