Sign in to follow this  
Slvr2 Torii

Viewers ready for server baking

I heard that the basic plan is to have the servers bake things and then serve them to the viewers.

What viewers are ready to do this?

None have been released yet to my knowledge.  If you were able to use one now, then you would probably not see avatars the right way since avatar texture baking is handled in the viewers and the new viewers probably won't have the ability. I  understand that after the new server code is deployed on the sim servers and is running smoothly, the viewers.will be released.

The current SL beta viewer has the changes. (Adding: Current beta only has part of the changes, a second batch to make it work right still need to move over from Snowstorm) There is also a version of Cool VL Viewer that has it, and Radegast.

Clients with server side baking capability can still use the old baking system. The sim lets the client know if it uses the new stuff, so that is not a problem. Viewers will need this dual capability for a while, so that they can switch between systems when it moves to the RC server channels.

Jean, experienced any trouble with the alpha sing? Slower rendering or any other stuff?

I'm asking since I'm soooo tired of up- and downgrading my viewers all the time and lately use stable versions only. Otoh why should I care? If SSB isn't working yet anyway what's the hurry? :smileyindifferent:

Update: There's a stable release version of Singularity , version 1.8.0 (4114) available now.

I have been using the latest Singularity alphas  and also the 1.8.0. release version for a while now, they work very well for me so far on my exotic system ;-) .  Some  sources report that ssb may be coming  to selected  regions on the main grid within two weeks from now on, so there's still some time left to move to a ssb compatible viewer.

J.

Yep!

I deleted everything, down to the last litle speck of data schmutz, of all SL viewers I had ever installed and did a super clean install of 18.0 now. Now off to try it ...