Why do I crash as soon as logging in?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you can log in with an alt and not your main the folder containing the avatar data has been corrupted

in XP it lives here

F:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Firestorm

the owner is the name of your machine

It is in the user area in win 7 I believe but someone here I am sure can point you to the location

drag your main avatar folder from that location as a back up since it does contain txt files you might want to keep

if it remains in the firestorm folder delete it

then relog in you will have to enter your name and password since it now has no idea who you are

If this does not work log in with your alt and IM me in world and I will drag you through the long process of removing every little last spec of second life from your machine ))

This will solve the problem 95% of the time and since you can log in an alt you have none of the other problems referenced here or in the log in problems web site 

the other 5% involve removing all references for second life from the registry as we all know it is as solid as a brick and never has problems ))

My download speed is 6.50 and upload is 2.56.

That's plenty enough!

Even if your ISP doesn't deliver the promised internet bliss it's still far better than many others (including myself) have. Yes, clean out your inventory. That might help a bit. And don't do wireless. Plug in!

Another factor can be your hardware. Are your GPU and drivers up to date?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.