Deploys for the week of 2013-04-15 (Updated @ 2013-04-16 13:50PDT)

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the HTTP improvment project that was on all three RC channels last week.  This project includes low level changes to how the simulator handles HTTP connections.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/13#13.04.05.273580

Scheduled Tuesday 2013-04-16 05:00-12:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel and Second Life RC LeTigre:

BlueSteel and LeTigre will receive an update, but the project details have yet to be determined.  This post will be updated when the plan is more certain.

Update @ 2013-04-16 13:50PDT: BlueSteel and Letigre will receive the maint-server project as Magnum.  This project has some bugfixes, but the most notable changes are new features in LSL.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/13#13.04.12.273874

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/13#13.04.12.273874

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-04-17 07:00-11:00 PDT

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is on the maint-server project that went to BlueSteel and LeTigre two weeks ago.  This project has some bugfixes, but the most notable changes are new features in LSL.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/13#13.04.12.273874

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-04-17 07:00-11:00 PDT

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira

The diagonal sim bug is still out there.  This didn't happened until you all started moving, adding, subtracting the servers around not to long ago.  Is it still 3 datacenters or 2?  It seems like it's a network issue (bandwidth problem between the sims communicating).  The odd bandwidth spikes have been going on for awhile and its causes lag.

This is Korea1 looking diagonally into Korea4

Snapshot_031.jpg

Hi Maestro

A couple of observations on the new server roll.  We had issues with this software as it was rolled to LeTigre last week...we were put back on Main Server by support...

One thing is that the sim ping is up by over 60% to about 260ms...which to the UK is OK but not what we are used to.

Packet Loss is spiking again only 0.1% overall but we get spikes of up to 10% for a few moments every few minutes.

Texture rezzing on complex and sculpted prims is slower.  Some sound files take several iterations before they "work".

If these symptoms persist tonight I will report.

BTW Sim no 8903, server vsn 13.04.05.273580 Woods of Heaven.

I've noticed rollbacks with the last few deploys.  Work that I did an hour before a sim was restarted was completely undone after the restart.

Also, for the last month or so, my camera is wonky.  If I alt-click on an object it does seem to focus on it but it either zooms way in close (an inch away), behind the object or way out (to the extents of my camera range.  It's most annoying.

Repost as promised

Sim ping is still much higher than pre-roll at c260ms and packet loss, which comes in spikes of about 500ms to 1sec is showing session values of around 5%, with spikes to well over 10%.  Such results can lead to forced disconnects.  This is unacceptable.

This from a situation where pre-roll I got no packet loss whatsoever, and our sim's ping was 125-175ms.

Something is wrong, either with your software or your intranet.

Please sort this out ASAP.

• Lindens

Ayesha Askham wrote:

Repost as promised

Sim ping is still much higher than pre-roll at c260ms and packet loss, which comes in spikes of about 500ms to 1sec is showing session values of around 5%, with spikes to well over 10%.  Such results can lead to forced disconnects.  This is unacceptable.

This from a situation where pre-roll I got no packet loss whatsoever, and our sim's ping was 125-175ms.

Something is wrong, either with your software or your intranet.

Please sort this out ASAP.

Hi Ayesha, which region is that?

There have been quite a few complaints of high packetloss since today's roll coming into Firestorm support too, but I'm afraid we have no useful information.

It was also brought up at the simulator user group today.

Could the packetloss/high ping sim issue be down to the server maintenance thats currently happening?

Maestro:

I gave you the sim details in my first post: "BTW Sim no 8903, server vsn 13.04.05.273580 Woods of Heaven". 

No matter now the problems are gone, re Monty's post.

Monty:

Thanks for posting that, all is back to normal, no packet loss and sim ping back down below 200ms. :smileyhappy:

I don't know where else to report this really, so I will just go on record here as saying that I just had to redo the animations in an oven -- animations I have used for several years -- because they suddenly became borked, and not just in my store, but in other locations. By borked, I mean that the legs started doing random things each time someone "sat" on the oven -- crouching one time, leg out to the side another, legs entwined another. 

Not sure which sim I was in when it happened, but ALL of my scripted attachments broke - all the scripts even in no-mod items stopped running. I had to set scripts to running again, and all the saved state was lost. Fortunately my nocopy items were mod, but I had several copy items that were NO mod, and those scripts are dead. Thank god I wasn't wearing nocopy / nomod or I would have lost those items. Guys: You need to investigate this and possibly do a roll back. This is bad, and potentially can cause very significant loss for residents.

Edit: I spent a fair amount of time in LeTigre sims, and noticed the issue when in a couple LeTigre sims. Note that removing / re-attaching attachements or relogging had no effect, the items were dead until the scripts were manually reset to running again (on the items that I was able to due to permissions.)

As a side note, it SUCKS that I can't reset scripts, remove scripts,  or set them running / not running on nomod items. The nomod permission should not apply to those (and only those) attributes.

BTW Monty, I filed another animation bug report in the fall, about a major glitch when two animations run in sequence. Maestro and Whirly confirmed it. It had something to do with the sim losing count of the number of animations running or something like that. No matter. My point is this: nothing was ever done about it once it was confirmed.

i have this vehicle that sometimes combines 2 animations, one for the arms and one for the rest of the body.

worked for years, now it plays the arm animation and only part of the other. the legs play the default sit animation.

is this a server update that broke it?

pamela seems to have animation problems too, cant look at the jira (why?) so can´t work with that.

please fix asap

thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.