How do I disable group chats?

LifeEmbrace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't really like the new chat window. It is confusing. The biggest problem is that when I'm moving around and somebody suddenly texts in a group chat, the viewer automatically focusses on the chat window so I accidentically type in random letters. Its getting really annoying. And like before the new chat, you were able to close a group chat and then never see it pop-up again until you refreshed your viewer. But now whenever I click close group chat, it disappears, but appears again as soon as a new group member texts. Can you understand the fustration when I'm trying to walk?

4 answers to this question

As far as I know, only certain viewers have the option to disable Group IM's. Exodus is one of them. I do not know why the normal Second Life Viewer does not have it because it lags the least out of the viewers I've tried.

Perhaps there is an earlier version of Second Life Viewer you can download and use?

Go to "Preferences" - "Chat" and change the notification level for "Group chat." It sounds like it's set on "Open the communications window", which would drive me up a tree in ten minutes.' I keep it on "Pop up the message", where it behaves very similarly to the old viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.