Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sephina Frostbite

Keeping head and body from moving on Firestorm

Recommended Posts

I am trying to take some shots but I can't because even though my pose is set my avis head keeps looking back and fourth to my mouse movement. How do I stop this movement, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An old trick is to get your avatar posed more or less where you need her, then edit something attached to you.  Your avatar will freeze and you can take screenshots and the UI will not show up in the photos (unless you want it to).

Alternately, you could always invest in a pose stand or preview animations from inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a link to a recent thread about the same issue. In that link, I also posted a link to a thread I started a long time ago about the it, with some more answers.

Of course, anything you mess with in the settings, as you would for those fixes, affect your avatar as a whole, not just when posing. You can also look for poses that freeze the head position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

normally you should have a "freeze" option in your camera.. its not in the main menu but in the hiden one, just click on the lil arrow on the bottom of your camera and you'll see this hiden menu appears. Check the box freeze, then you may settle your angle as long you want, nothing will move anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I am trying to take some shots but I can't because even though my pose is set my avis head keeps looking back and fourth to my mouse movement. How do I stop this movement, thank you!

The setting you're looking for is the first thing in the Preferences/Firestorm/Avatar menu... just set both the horizontal and vertical range to zero and your head won't move at all.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dresden Ceriano wrote:


Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I am trying to take some shots but I can't because even though my pose is set my avis head keeps looking back and fourth to my mouse movement. How do I stop this movement, thank you!

The setting you're looking for is the first thing in the Preferences/Firestorm/Avatar menu... just set both the horizontal and vertical range to zero and your head won't move at all.

...Dres

Thank you sugar :) Life saver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sephina Frostbite wrote:


Dresden Ceriano wrote:


Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I am trying to take some shots but I can't because even though my pose is set my avis head keeps looking back and fourth to my mouse movement. How do I stop this movement, thank you!

The setting you're looking for is the first thing in the Preferences/Firestorm/Avatar menu... just set both the horizontal and vertical range to zero and your head won't move at all.

...Dres

Thank you sugar
:)
Life saver!

At your service, mademoiselle.

...Dres (Next time, for a simple question like this, you might want to ask in the Firestorm Support group... that way your wait time for a response would probably be next to nothing.  Just a suggestion.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it has to do with the priority of the animation, turn off the AO when you pose as the AO might override some of your static poses, most of the time, the pose would not be affected by the AO though, it depends on the priority of the pose, also to set your eyes where you want them to look, you can use a hud, called Anypose it is free in marketplace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can just put a prim up in the place you want your eyes to be..

i'll set a few  in different spots..then i can alt click  on any one of them and then pan out to take my shots.

 

anypose is good for like left right and up down cross eye and stuff like that..

but if you want to have slight changes that will have your eyes inbetween those spots..prim targets are really good for that..

 

also there are a few posemakers on the market that you can get that once you are in a pose? you can adjust your joints to lots of different poses to get really creative..

it's kind of awkward at first until you get used to it..but you can do some really cool poses with them..

i'll jump on and see if they are still on the market..

i just need to grab the name ..it's been awhile..i'll post it up once i find it hehehe

 

EDIT: ok found them =)

Animare Pose & Animation System

and

Avimote PoseMaker PE

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that can be done in the Firestorm Preferences/Privacy/Look At ....by checking on all those boxes your head and eyes nor body moves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one thing: the AnyPose product we're interested in in this discussion is "AnyPose Expression"

- all the the other AnyPose products are pose stands intended to allow the user to make realistic frames for avatar animations, and only one of THOSE, AnyPose Demo, is free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...