Having to rebake textures constantly...

TwoIron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Says the man who hides behind anonymity.  What a JOKE.  Reread all of your responses, directed at me.  Not a thing about the problem I'm describing, all stuff about me personally.  It's beyond ironic the member implying that I'm a douche as well as you hide behind anonymity, even on your secondlife profile pages.  Well guess what I have RL pics up, I don't run around acting like the thought police while I hide who I really am.  And I'm the coward?  Pffffft...What a total and complete JOKE.  I'm done.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still haven't made it crystal clear, not even better than blurry to be honest, what you think needs to be done. Do you want your money back? Then you're in the wrong place since we are all residents, not Lindens. You want to know if the problem has been recognized and if it's going to be fixed? That has been answered already, numerous times.

What was the point of your initial post again?

You said you paid for premium, that means you have land. How is suggesting you try before you buy rediculous? Why do you feel any of us feel superior? All I (and with me pretty much all others) explained was how you can temporarily fix your issue and that there is a solid solution in the near future. We do not agree with you that the situation is unacceptable and we aren't going to do that just because you say you are 2 inches taller than the average youngster over here. Get some anti-testosterone pills and take a deep breath.

Oh BS.  I said it was sad that a fancy tech implementation was creating a problem where we can't get our avi's to rez and a bunch of you starting talking that personally like a bunch of children...then the pig piling started.  Only problem is I'm no child and I can see right through the anonymous keyboard jockey that has a need to villify anyone they see as an outsider...as I said I'm done...I know what the agenda is and yeah, it's not gonna work.  Nice try...pfffffft.

You might want to read the rest of the forums and see how helpful most forum users are, especially to new people. We all know how confusing and annoying SL can be. Pretty much all people are welcomed here with warm, open arms.

Your issue has been recognized by LL and by us forum peeps. There's going to be a fix and now you know it, what more do you want? Don't use your tattoos for now. Another thing that seems to help, although not for very long, is clearing your cache. In your preferences (ctrl-p) you can do that under either the network or advanced tab, not sure how it's called. Restart your viewer and your av should be fine...for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if you have ever run an open sim project and tried to deal with the complexities of this type of software.  The labs are constantly working on solutions to better our experience here.  Some changes are troubling and are hard to understand, but with Second Life, as the Business, I doubt that are trying to make things miserable for us.  I remember a day, a  long time ago where we had to pay to teleport.  I remembers days, where what you see now, would be impossible.  Live with what you have, and develop what we don't have, or just live with what you have.

TwoIron wrote:

I have no right to expect the software to work, do I?

Apparently not.  When you first use the viewer, it prompts with a dialog which presents the Terms of Service, this is also available at the following URL http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php and you cannot continue until you check the box that says you accept their Terms of Service, i've pulled out some of the salient points:-

3.3 If you choose to use paid aspects of the Service, you agree to the posted pricing and billing policies on the Websites.

Linden Lab does not accept returns or provide refunds of products or services purchased from Linden Lab. For disclosure purposes, the legal name under which Linden Lab does business is Linden Research, Inc. and the address from which business is conducted is 945 Battery Street, San Francisco, California 94111.

4.2 Second Life exists only as long as and in the form that we may provide the Service, and all aspects of the Service are subject to change or elimination.

You acknowledge that your use of the Service is subject to this risk and that you knowingly assume it and make your decisions to participate in the Service, contribute Content and spend your money accordingly.

4.5 Second Life is subject to scheduled and unscheduled service interruptions and loss of server data, which you do not own and for which you will not hold us liable.

Linden Lab may on occasion need to interrupt the Service with or without prior notice. You agree that Linden Lab will not be liable for any interruption of the Service (whether intentional or not), and you understand that except as may otherwise be specifically provided in Linden Lab's Billing Policy, you will not be entitled to any refunds of fees or other compensation for interruption of service.

I can understand your frustration and have suffered similar equally annoying quirks in my time here (and many far worse such as the regular grid closures when nobody could even log in!), as have the other poster but we can't help beyond empathising with the frustrations of a new user and offering guidance as to how to proceed.

Good luck with whatever route you choose, I hope your Second Life experience becomes more enjoyable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.