how do you become an honoured resident

wiked Anton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

in addition to Val's good answer : 

you are "new resident" before you post anything in the forum.

you become "resident" after posting your first post.

then after posting some posts (i guess its about 50 posts) you become and "honored resident".

after 100 posts you become "member" (your current rank) you cant be resident anymore lol.

For the other ranks, its not only the posts that will count but also kudos, answers in the answer section and other kinds of contributions

• Like 4

True, Trin, but I am very unsure kudos and solutions do have a real incidence (despite what LL pretends). I have noticed it seems more mathematical: I turned "honored helper" precisely on my 8000 post, and "senior helper" on my 12000, regardless of any accepted solution or kudos received at that time...

yes this for the distinction between a simple role and honored, or senior.. but for switching from member to advisor or helper, kudos and answers count... i know tons of pp who have far away more posts than me and are still members . if you only keep posting in the regular forum, you can t upgrade after the member rank. well, maybe u can upgrade to honored member level (if this one exist) , but you wont be able to reach another category.. at least this is my understanding.. they are not clear at all, on their page... i guess is for being able to do whatever they want btw . but well..at least, im pretty sure that kudos and acccepted solutions help for changing category, but maybe not for changing level in acategory

"on ‎04-15-2013 12:40 AM

in addition to Val's good answer :
you are "new resident" before you post anything in the forum.
you become "resident" after posting your first post.
then after posting some posts (i guess its about 50 posts) you become and "honored resident".
after 100 posts you become "member" (your current rank) you cant be resident anymore lol.
For the other ranks, its not only the posts that will count but also kudos, answers in the answer section and other kinds of contributions"
I really fail to see this as an "answer" seeing as how i have 434 posts and still a "member" while this writer is at 916 posts and at "advisor" and on top of that, i have given answer and then someone after me repeats my answer and theirs is "accepted "
so to me it is not what you know, but who know and likes you and accepts your answers over everybody elses. as corrupt as anything else i guess

therefore , because the math is flawed, I would not accept this as a correct answer

ahhahhaha, well ok... i just wanted to help you to see better how it works, im not into any competition. All what i know is that after 100 post you reach the rank of 'member" and are not "forum resident "' anymore. then, for reaching another rank, (not level within a rank) you need more than the number of post, but you need kudos and accepted answers. Not only answers but accepted ones. I know some use to act like echos and give the same answer than the one you just gave , it happens a lot to me. but the poster of the question is the only one with ability to accept or not an answer and well, even if you or i may find it sometimes unfair, its the way it works.. you still have far less posts than me and i guess you have also less kudos and accepted solutions than i do..Trust me, i dont think LL does any favoritism toward me...Since i dont use to say nice things about them. Ive reached the rank of advisor after 5 accepted solutions and about 80 kudos i dont rem, i found it surprising, but thats it. About your "who likes you and accepts your answers" i dont know the persons who accepted and liked my answers but if you say its because they like me, im glad to know...

In conclusion to my answer to your agressive post... let me tell you that when i give an answer in the "question forum", i dont give a **bleep** to the fact it will be accepted or not... i just give the answer for helping someone when i think i can help...i have no other ambition regarding my participation in this forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.