Marketplace reviews - useless?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a pair of Inverse heels and it was clearly defective, as one shoe was 10% larger than the other, and it was no mod. I sent multiple screenshots to the creator as proof, asking for a fix or simply send me a mod version so I can fix it myself. After a whole hour of endless bickering, with the creator telling me that "I'm lying", and "my screenshots were fake", and "there's nothing wrong with my product", I ended up with no fix and no refund, and even worse, he had the audacity to simply mute me. Why the hell would I lie about a defective product? I've got nothing to do with my time so I spend 2 hours photoshopping a photo to make a shoe appear defective? Do creators like this guy even think before they speak? So as any would do in this situation, I left a negative review on his product on marketplace warning people to steer clear of this product due to it being obviously defective. A day later while shopping for more shoes on marketplace I noticed my review was deleted by the creator. Lol.

So what exactly is the purpose of marketplace reviews, other than the breeding place for shills, if negative reviews can be removed at will? A completely accurate review like "this product is defective, creator fails to provide any customer service, steer clear" is not allowed? So we're all supposed to say "omg this product rulez every1 u gotta buy eeet!!!11!" in reviews like iTunes?

MP merchants do not get notification on product reviews, if you wanted real results you should know that you need to send a notecard to the merchant personally, most merchants on marketplace are more than happy to help out their customers, be nice, just because you got a messed up pair doesn't mean you need to go off like a wet hen, I am sure it was a mistake and easily rectified, once the merchant is aware the product on market is messed up they can fix it, - the merchant themselves should have done a test delivery to see exactly what their customers are getting but maybe this got missed

anyone who shops on market knows not to send a review and expect the merchant to see it, the reviews are simply for other customers to get feedback from previous customers, if you are that unhappy then figure out how to fix the issue yourself. use some common sense and just contact the designer direct, its not rocket science.

Definitely flag the listing for LL if you believe the creator relisted to get rid of the bad review.

Also, I'd recommend avoiding no-mod content in the future. Especially clothing items/attachments. I've been burned several times in the past by defective content that I could have easily fixed myself if it had only been moddable.

Looks like the OP's original review was removed by LL after being flagged because it's pretty obvious what it would have been for. Another reviewer posted the solution for the different-size problem. And leaving negative reviews on demos to complain about a diffferent product will just get you flagged again - I'm just sayin'.

I looked more carefully and saw all your reviews are on the demo not the actual product. You have also reposted a review on the one that got removed, added to the other footware products.

If you have only a demo it could be he probably made one shoe a lot bigger because it is a demo and you really only need one shoe to see if you like them.  I've seen this before with demos.  The full version of his products are highly rated which I doubt would happen if they had one shoe so much larger than the other.

If you had bought the actual product you would have been allowed to review it there, which makes me wonder what you motivation is since you don't explain except on one what your problem was.  The reveiws seem vindictive now.  Sounds like you are out to get the creator and discourage people from buying from this merchant.  Are you a competitor?

BTW it is against the community guidelines to post names of things you give negative information about.  You can be banned for doing that.  Which makes me wonder about your motivation even more.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I looked more carefully and saw
all
your reviews are on the demo not the actual product. You have also reposted a review on the one that got removed, added to the other footware products.

If you have only a demo it could be he probably made one shoe a lot bigger because it
is
a demo and you really only need one shoe to see if you like them.  I've seen this before with demos.  The full version of his products are highly rated which I doubt would happen if they had one shoe so much larger than the other.

If you had bought the
actual
product you would have been allowed to review it there, which makes me wonder what you motivation is since you don't explain except on one what your problem was.  The reveiws seem vindictive now.  Sounds like you are out to get the creator and discourage people from buying from this merchant.  Are you a competitor?

BTW it is against the community guidelines to post names of things you give negative information about.  You can be banned for doing that.  Which makes me wonder about your motivation even more.

ya that was what i was thinking when i saw it was a demo..

just like some shape creators will have the big hands or big feet on their demo shapes..

it's funny the Op did not meantion it being a demo..

they are either new to SL and just don't know how to use the market yet..

or there is something fishy going on..

i hope they are just new and learning a lesson and not the alternative..

The OP is correct. I tried the demo ankle boots and there is quite a sizeable discrepancy in sizes between the left and right boots. Given the huge Demo sign attached, there is no reason why the creator would make the boots different sizes and there is no notecard saying this either. I am sure the resizer in the full version could correct this difference but I am not going to spend any money trying to prove this, and why should a buyer have to.

I disagree with giving a negative review of a demo and indeed all demos as has been done in this instance but if the size discrepancy is deliberate in the demo, the creator should have explained this to the OP and if accidental, checked the shoes/boots and fixed the issue.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

The OP is correct. I tried the demo ankle boots and there is quite a sizeable discrepancy in sizes between the left and right boots. Given the huge Demo sign attached, there is no reason why the creator would make the boots different sizes and there is no notecard saying this either. I am sure the resizer in the full version could correct this difference but I am not going to spend any money trying to prove this, and why should a buyer have to.

I disagree with giving a negative review of a demo and indeed all demos as has been done in this instance but if the size discrepancy is deliberate in the demo, the creator should have explained this to the OP and if accidental, checked the shoes/boots and fixed the issue.

ya it's wise to  leave a warning of the different sizes in a note card or something on the market page at the very least for demo's..that's for sure..

i mean if you want to have a good chance of selling the actual product..

but the OP never said anything about them being a demo..

that had to be discovered by people in the thread..

i would be more than happy to check out a pair of the actual product if someone would IM me in the forums the link to the product..

i'm shopping anyways..

maybe i can see if there is a way to fix the shoe if it is the actual product the OP is talking about..

i've got nothing better to do atthe moment hehehe

A review is only suppose to be feedback about what you like or dislike or about the product, telling others not buy it is crossing the line to attacking the bussiness and creator. I know a creator who told me that some bloggers left negative reviews telling others not buy her item after she refused to give them blog review copies for free. It's not unreasonable I think, a lot of freeloaders will threaten creators with reviews telling others not to buy to ruin their bussinesses. You can express what you don't like about the item but you're not suppose to tell other people disruptive things like "don't buy it" or things like "stay away from this". Anyone can flag a review and LL will "ivestigate" so it's not the creator that removed it.

LL has removed all the OP's reviews, so they too thought the OP had crossed the line. 

I did purchase the full version of the mesh texture change ankle boots and they are not different sizes.  They are well made and a bargain at the price.

As usual with these kind of things, the OP didn't give us the whole story.   

with practices like those of OP, my first thought is always that they're hired by competitors to the person they're complaining about.

And that's not idle paranoia (though I can get paranoid), I've actually experienced exactly that in the past doing customer support for a company. Our support forums were occasionally flooded with highly negative messages slagging our products, our support, and our dev team. These (and similar messages by people using the same handles elsewhere) could be traced back to IP addresses owned by a major competitor...

We didn't go public (and I won't name names now) but handled it between grownups as adults should. Suffice to say the flood of negativity stopped.

It was not a demo.

I bought the actual product, like I said in the OP. Because my review in the actual product was removed that's why I resorted to leaving the same reviews in the demos. Then my reviews in the demos got removed as well.

Seems like Inverse has some close ties with Linden employees telling them to remove any negative reviews on their products. If you look at their store, how many negative reviews do you see? Pretty much none. The worst reviews are 3 or 4 stars. That pretty much explains everything.

This is what I wrote in the "modified" review in the demos: "Product is defective. One shoe is at least 10% larger than the other one, and no way to correct it since it's no mod. Contacted creator but creator failed to address the issue and think the customer is lying."

Feel free to tell me anything that is wrong with this review and deserve to get flagged...

Like I said:

1. Common sense indicates that I'm not lying, and the creator is simply too lazy or stuck-up to even bother checking his product as it's "on promotional price"

2. The 28 5-star reviews on the creator's shoes on either all shills or completely blind. How the heck can you leave a 5-star review if one shoe is 10% larger than the other?

3. Apparently Lindens have a new rule - not allowed to leave truthful negative reviews on demos. Lol?

Anyway I'm never buying anything from this store again and that's all I can do and tell my friends to do I guess. Interestingly my friend also bought a pair of that defective heels at the same time as me, and backed me up when I bickered with the creator, he still claimed I was lying.

i bought them myself..the demo and the product as well..

they looked fine to me..

all the other foot and shoe is is a mirrored version of the other..

otherwise they are the exact same thing..just in reverse of each other..

same toes and nails and even exact same shading and shade landing in the same exact spots..

they don't create another shoe and foot and nails and shading from scratch ..

they just mirror an exact copy..

so really it doesn't make sense that they would be two different sizes when they are exact in everything else..

mirroring doesn't change the size of it's copy..it only mirrors it..

also there are not 28 5 star reviews..

there are  like 3 two star reviews and 25 five star reviews..

so there are  negative reviews on there..

i'm just going by what i know and what i have seen from the demo and product and reviews...

nothing else..just my own experience with them..

i am curious how you got measurements from a mesh nomod shoe?

what viewer are you using?

because the only digits i could get were rotate digits..the rest were blanked out..

A picture say more than a 1000 words. We can only guess and speculate. You have the screenshots saved on your computer? Or you can do it and post them here.

I often buy cheap stuff random at the MP when bored. So I did a search in my inventory, and lo and behold, wasn't just those heels sitting there, still boxed? I need your screenshots so I can have something to compare with.

What I did for measuring: By just looking at it, I couldn't see much wrong. Then I made a cube, colored it pink and made it 50% transparent. I moved it over the shoe while i was standing on a posestand. Then, I picked "copy selection" from the build tool, copied it and moved it over the other shoe. I then had 2 identical pink semitransparent cubes, place on the same height over the floor. I started to resize the shoes. 

shoe size collage.jpg

The pink cubes has not been moved or resized. I think I can see that the shoes aren't identical. Notice the straps. The top pictures shows the default sized shoes, from behind and front. I placed the pink cubes so the soles just touched the bottom of the cubes.

I don't think I would have noticed by just wearing them.

Marianne Little wrote:

What I did for measuring: By just looking at it, I couldn't see much wrong. Then I made a cube, colored it pink and made it 50% transparent. I moved it over the shoe while i was standing on a posestand. Then, I picked "copy selection" from the build tool, copied it and moved it over the other shoe. I then had 2 identical pink semitransparent cubes, place on the same height over the floor. I started to resize the shoes. 

shoe size collage.jpg

The pink cubes has not been moved or resized. I think I can see that the shoes aren't identical. Notice the straps. The top pictures shows the default sized shoes, from behind and front. I placed the pink cubes so the soles just touched the bottom of the cubes.

I don't think I would have noticed by just wearing them.

yes i can see the slight difference in them now when doing it this way..

it must have been something when they were messing with script and hud that possibly changed the one shoe size...

but i found it to be 5% off rather than 10%..

also i fixed mine using the hud hehehehe :smileyhappy:

i just took off the left shoe and resied the right by adding 5%..

and now they are both the same size hehehe

5% is pretty hard to notice from the naked eye on my avatar.. i'm kind of small...hehehehe

unless you are really doing what we did with the prims..

what i did after reading your post was use the TMT pro pose stand in crucifix pose(that's what i call it anyways hehehe) and a single prim and could see right away they were not the same size..

the height was off slightly..

and front to back were off slightly as well

also.. with the straps?

i now have the same exact amount of strap coming out of both sides of my one cube after i got the sizes fixed.

what  puzzled me is how they got to be 5% off ..because they are the exact same thing..only mirrored..

unless something happened and maybe they were testing the script on the original right foot and sized it before  having the left foot out with it and testing both at the same time..

that's all i could think that could have happened..

i've done that before myself in shoes i've made hehehe

i tried taking off the right and sizing the left first and it wouldn't let me..

i kept getting this message over chat..

[04:28] VEGAS HEELS1.2- LEFT (WEAR ME): No re size! Out of limit

so you have to take off the left and size the right to fix this problem..

if both are worn they will both size the same % also.. once they are fixed they will size together as the same size..

Thank you Marianne..the in depth post was a huge help..i should have looked with a prim right away myself..but heck..

i don't mess with these things as much as i used to anymore..i'm too busy shopping most of the time lol

at least now the OP knows they can fix their shoes =)

I often wear things just once, and with such a solid strap around the ankle, it is hard to notice differences. Most ppl do not zoom in so close. So the good reviwes isn't fraud, but more people who don't look so close on things.

The most annoying thing for me, was that the height were off. And the front to back as well. That was really hard to fix without a crucifix pose. The spread feet is handy, but not for such a match. The alpha layer was set too high up as well, I just picked another one from a different pair of shoes. So that the shoe is off, is absolutely one thing that will make the difference look bigger that 5%.

To the OP: I assume that this thread will be deleted soon. It is not allowed to single out names and/or stores. But there are other forums where such a thread will stay up. I don't know what words you used with the creator... maybe they tell another story about thie contact they had with you .

Now that 2 different buyers have tested it and can confirm your story, it would be courteous of the creator to take a closer look at his shoes, fix the issues so the left and right shoe is set on the same height and are the same size from the start. And give you an apology. It should not be necessary for buyers to fix things like this, it is not all that are able to do it themself. Maybe you picked the wrong words for the review, but you were right about the size difference. And it is absolutely not a 5 star shoe that needs so much fixing.

OO, I found a pose. It's called T-pose.

shoe height off.jpg

Deleting the first pair, then unpacking a fresh new pair. Wearing them without any adjustments at all. Notice how the left shoe is poking out at the front, the back, and down out of the same transparent rectangle? Using a HUD that resizes both shoes at the same time, and beeing very picky and zooming in close... this is going to be a problem. No rotation of the rectangle, and the skybox and posestand is not rotated either.

Marianne Little wrote:

OO, I found a pose. It's called T-pose.

shoe height off.jpg

Deleting the first pair, then unpacking a fresh new pair. Wearing them without any adjustments at all. Notice how the left shoe is poking out at the front, the back, and down out of the same transparent rectangle? Using a HUD that resizes both shoes at the same time, and beeing very picky and zooming in close... this is going to be a problem. No rotation of the rectangle, and the skybox and posestand is not rotated either.

that is the pose i was meaning hehehe..

i forget the names  of them..

yes i had the same thing with my prim.. what i did was take the prim down to where the right shoe was barely poking out of the prim in the front and back and top and bottom....you could really notice the difference then in the two..

then took off the left and added 5% i believe it was...using the hud that came with the shoes..

then put the left shoe back on..then stretched the prim out to the edge of them both and seen they were  the same size now..

then tested them at sizing together when they were both being worn..they sized together then..

i think at 90+ lindens they are not a bad buy..even with the size problem..only because it can be fixed..but if they are sold at a 5 star price?

if it were me? i would fix them..just to save on future headaches that will surely hit at some point..

that is if they sell really well..

that or start sendign out notecards to those that bought them so far and telling them how to fix them or send them a fixed pair..

then just put a fixed pair on the market and be done with it..

• 2 weeks later...

Well how do we report such relistings because people are doing it all over the place. Plus you cant relist the review it keeps giving me a review has been flagged and cant relist the review.. even after they relisted it.. This pretty much defeats why its even there..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.