Stolen hair on the marketplace

Annie Rubanis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

I've got a question just out of curiosity.  When surfing the marketplace looking for hair, I notice many people selling what is obviously stolen hair creations.  I've seen copied Catwa, Truth and others for sale there.  Doesn't anyone watch this stuff or is it up to the original content creator to be vigilant and police the marketplace for this?

Annie Rubanis wrote:

Hi, 

I've got a question just out of curiosity.  When surfing the marketplace looking for hair, I notice many people selling what is obviously stolen hair creations.  I've seen copied Catwa, Truth and others for sale there.  Doesn't anyone watch this stuff or is it up to the original content creator to be vigilant and police the marketplace for this?

Thanks
:)

are we gonna rehash this again?

its up to the creators, they have been notified and are taking steps..

we now return you to your regularly scheduled football poss.

Annie Rubanis wrote:

I'm sorry, I haven't been privy to conversations already taking place on the subject.  No one has forced you to rehash anything.  Simply don't reply but thank you for your impatience with my post
:)

You could try searching before starting a thread about something...

LepreKhaun wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Apparently LL deletes them for some reason..

Perhaps then, it was you that should've searched before posting.

Seeing as it should be common knowledge as to what to do when you see copybotted items, I don't think so.

For those few that don't know, you report the items in question to the creator. They are the only ones that can do a damn thing about it.

Only the original creater of an item can diresctly address a theft of their IP. Since there are millions of items listed on the Market Place and one can assume creaters may be too busy creating than to have time to be policing the listings,  it would be appropriate to contact the obvious creater to point out possible infringements that you come across.

• 4 weeks later...

People talk a lot about copybotting. If you are interested in fighting CB in SL then I suggest you join Flickr and search for groups that deal with copybotting. Just search "Copybot" or variations of it  and you'll find groups where people post pictures of copybotted stuff on the MP or even avatars in world. The best thing to do though, is to contact the creator through notecard. I found a MP store once filled with CB hair from all different places. I made a notecard for each and every store that had hairs that I could recognize, and put links to those pages in the notecard, along with a little note for the creator and sent them off. I think I sent about 17 nc's and many creators were very thankful. CB is a serious problem in SL and needs to be talked about so kudos for noticing it.

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.